Pumapeople: Wife And Baby Force Sale! 1.7 Jewel Green - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wife And Baby Force Sale! 1.7 Jewel Green Puma 1.7 Jewel Green for sale - URGENT!!

#1 User is offline   websage 

• Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

Bit late in the day to discover PumaPeople! As I am now forced through circumstances to let my Puma go. Have already hung on a year too long (and at considerable cost!).

I have it on ebay just now (classified ad) but would be really pleased if any interest here:

"S" Reg Puma 1.7 in Jewel Green (the original slightly darker matallic green).
- One owner (me) from new.
- Low miles under 58k (been on SORN for the last 6 months due to having to get a van for removals, hoped to get back on road regularly but not realistic with the baby growing...and moreoever the wife moaning!)
- MOT end July 08
- Air con and other electric refinements as expected all working order.
- Decent tyres all round.
- Immaculate interior (non smoking family)
- Runs absolutely superbly.
- Within the last 6 months has had new clutch, new exhaust, new brakes all round - over £700 spent.
I am asking £2195 on ebay - and will consider any sensible offers as I need to sell within less than 2 weeks (leaving UK).
Oh...and it Also has a nice 'Puma' reg: S***CUB

Any interest we are near Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire.

Call Al on 01422 846597
Also more details and photos at:
http://pumaforsale.blogspot.com/

Thanks for looking
Al

This post has been edited by websage: 29 April 2008 - 06:17 PM

#2 User is online   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

has the cam belt been changed?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   websage 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Apr 29 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
has the cam belt been changed?

Hi - sorry about the delay! I THOUGHT t had but can't find the evidence of paperwork so I'm going to say no it hasn't. I guess it IS past the 5 years mark, though not the 80k miles...and I have no reason to suspect there is a problem, though I understand that any buyer may have to contend with that expense in the next 12 to 18 months. I have amended the price for offers on £2095.
Either via this forum or here at eBay

Cheers
Al
(websage)

This post has been edited by happy-kat: 05 May 2008 - 06:47 PM
Reason for edit: not entitled to that link

#4 User is offline   Jessie 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

The cost would need to be borne immediately by the buyer as it is over due and it would cost IRO £300 to do smile.gif

If it were to go (and there have been several recently) then that is a dead engine and the cost of getting a new one fitted (if you can find one) would cost more than the car. So is really not worth the risk of not getting it done.
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation

#5 User is offline   websage 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Jessie @ May 5 2008, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The cost would need to be borne immediately by the buyer as it is over due and it would cost IRO £300 to do smile.gif

If it were to go (and there have been several recently) then that is a dead engine and the cost of getting a new one fitted (if you can find one) would cost more than the car. So is really not worth the risk of not getting it done.

Well, I have had a quote to do it by my usual garage and they say £160 all in. Maybe £300 at Ford Dealer, but 9 1/2 years on I've stopped paying their 'top whack' prices after the warranty ran out. I'm happy to get it done BEFORE the buyer collects if they are paying my asking price. Even though I've already dropped it £100...So there's £260 saving immediately! (It is already below the bottom book price anyway). Can't say fairer than that, I think.

Al
(As I say, Jessie, I BELIEVE i was done at 5 years... BUT as I cannot find documented proof due to the chaos here with moving and all, I'm prepared to get it done - just for peace of mind).

This post has been edited by websage: 05 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

#6 User is offline   Jessie 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

Can't say that I've ever taken a car to a main dealer in my life (they tend to charge closer to £380) but sounds like a good plan biggrin.gif

(Just if you do get it done make sure the garage have the correct locking tool for the Puma as your quote is markedly under what even non main dealer garages charge when they know what is involved. There are instances of garages messing this up and killing the engine and you don't want that to happen either!!)

#7 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

Cambelt replacement is £240 at Pumabuild...

Pumabuild.co.uk/serv_frp.htm" target="_blank">Clicky here

(was £228 till recently dry.gif )
SPENCER
FORD PUMA THUNDER 2002 (SOLD)
HONDA CRZ 2013

#8 User is offline   websage 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Jessie @ May 5 2008, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't say that I've ever taken a car to a main dealer in my life (they tend to charge closer to £380) but sounds like a good plan biggrin.gif

(Just if you do get it done make sure the garage have the correct locking tool for the Puma as your quote is markedly under what even non main dealer garages charge when they know what is involved. There are instances of garages messing this up and killing the engine and you don't want that to happen either!!)

Points noted wink.gif Jessie. Thanks.

#9 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

My mistake..it IS £228 at Pumabuild

Pumabuild.co.uk/serv_puma.htm" target="_blank">Clicky here

I was loking at FRP prices first time round!! laugh.gif
SPENCER
HONDA CRZ 2013

#10 User is offline   Jessie 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:18 PM

Funny how it always sounds cheaper going to PumaBuild than it ever is tho (I don't think I've had a bill less than £400 from there wink.gif )

#11 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

I suppse it all depends if you actually agree to them doing any work they 'say' needs doing or if you just only get done what you went in for and then see if the same 'repair' comes up when you take it for its service at another garage - would be interesting.

A bit OT, but how come they always seem to be charging people £400+ ??......how can they guarantee to find things wrong?

Ford quoted me £320 for the cambelt change
SPENCER
HONDA CRZ 2013

#12 User is offline   Jessie 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

Nah it's more a case of me going round the office spotting shiney things I want, the phonecall usually goes "Maaaaaatt, while I'm here can I get........ You know I love you" tongue.gif

#13 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

Im as tight as a nats chuff so they'd do well to get anything out of me other than essential work laugh.gif
SPENCER
HONDA CRZ 2013

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic