Pumapeople: Ripped Mud Guard - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ripped Mud Guard This could be damaging my engine

#1 Guest_blackczerny_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:19 AM

A couple of days I posted saying that I'd torn the wheel arch. Actually, it was the mud guard that's come off and is dangling at a precarious angle. Am I right in thinking that the Puma's mud guards are clipped into place? If so, the clips have gone AWOL, probably ground into the open sewer that is the dirt track to my friend's country pile mad.gif . Any ideas on replacements?

Plus, my friend checked behind the guard and the panel behind it that's supposed to be rock solid is in fact quite moist and loose......no jokes, please wink.gif He's concerned because it's not meant to be like that and can become a porous mistake that lets mud, water and other detritutus up into the engine. Any ideas/costs/thoughts?

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   Dezza 

• View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:25 AM

Pumabuild do front and back mud guards.

Pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_3&products_id=267&osCsid=cad229d05209565e78dff60093e13632" target="_blank">Pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/product...8dff60093e13632" target="_blank">http://www.Pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/product...8dff60093e13632
Dez

#3 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

Ford sell the clips - Jessie had to go and get some cos her's had the same problem.

Behind the mudguard is a lovely moisture trap in the form of heavy duty anti spray matting. That could be what your mate is on about

#4 User is offline   Noj 

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:55 AM

or you can pick up clips for a few pence at your local Fraud dealer if said mudflap is undamaged, just hanging off biggrin.gif
What you don't know.
Won't leave a scar.
What you don't know.
Hasn't killed you so far.
But you don't know.
Just who you are.
Still I just give you something to talk about.
What you don't know.

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:14 AM

the part number for the clips I think is in the Knowledge Base (top of screen)
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:16 AM

Aye,

Front mud flap clips for Puma moulded mud flaps (though apparently these might be for the Fiesta mud flaps, TBC)

Finis Part No: 1019285 (wing mud flap clips 6-10 in a bag)

http://www.pumapeople.com/wiki/index.php/Finis_Codes

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

can't comment on the Fiesta bit as I didn't write that must had been added.
Still waiting on J to import over all the rest of the collected Finnis codes asthere are loads more.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#8 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Jan 18 2006, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can't comment on the Fiesta bit as I didn't write that must had been added.
Still waiting on J to import over all the rest of the collected Finnis codes asthere are loads more.

Fairly certain that these are what Jessie ordered

#9 User is offline   Noj 

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:31 PM

they are festa clips, as I confused parts man whern i got some by quoting finis code but asking for puma clips laugh.gif
What you don't know.
Won't leave a scar.
What you don't know.
Hasn't killed you so far.
But you don't know.
Just who you are.
Still I just give you something to talk about.
What you don't know.

#10 Guest_J. J. O'Connor_*

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (dezza87 @ Jan 18 2006, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pumabuild do front and back mud guards.

Pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_3&products_id=267&osCsid=cad229d05209565e78dff60093e13632" target="_blank">Pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/product...8dff60093e13632" target="_blank">http://www.Pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/product...8dff60093e13632

or course they do wink.gif

#11 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Noj @ Jan 18 2006, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they are festa clips, as I confused parts man whern i got some by quoting finis code but asking for puma clips laugh.gif

did you get them and did they fit the mud flaps please?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic