Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rear Speakers pioneer ts-h687 6x8

#1 User is offline   dazza4 

• Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:02 AM

hi all,

just letting ne1 know who considered upgrading the rear quarter speakers, that if you want some speakers that fit without having to make adjustments to the pods,drill holes etc the pioneer ts-h687/ts-h683 are a perfect fit ( even tho they are 6x8s and the standard speaker size is 5x7 the standard 1s have all that large casing round them that takes up the room). i just fitted the ts-h687 earlierand they went in a treat and they sound bloody amazing!!! its a shame i avnt got round to upgrading my front speakers or HU yet cos they aint doin them much justice, but if i sit in the back i can tell the difference the cklarity is superb and the best thing is i only paid Å“45 incl del. from this site http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=TSH687
my whole point of this post was just to let ppl kno dat there are sum poo hot speakers out there for the rears that u dnt have to go 2 the hassle of making adjustments to fit. heres a link to the pic of the speaker ive fitted
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?act=mo...si&img=8077

#2 User is offline   dazza4 

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (jtiernan @ Jul 11 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you need an amp for these speakers or is the tape head unit enough?

well id recommend a decent head unit not the standard ford 1. altho i tried out my mums 6000 cd from her 02 plate mondeo and the rear speakers sounded brilliant if u sat in the back because its more powerful than my 5000 ( i think the later model HU are more powerful) but im gona put a decent pioneer head unit in and the speakers and put some decent fronts in and it should sound amazing then. so to sum up yeh u gota have em amplified well whether its from a decent HU or a seperate amp.

#3 User is offline   dazza4 

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (CarPuma @ Jul 11 2006, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was looking at upgrading the speakers and these fit the budget ! What's the bass like ?

yeh the bass is awesome as long as theyre amplified right and make sure u got decent front speakers too. obviously it isnt subwoofer type bass ( but im not a fan of dat booming bass neway) but its very claer and precise and has a lot of kick to it id definately recommend gettin these speakers the mid raneg n tweeter are brilliant too so much clarity u hear notes in the song u didnt even kno exist sometimes!

#4 User is offline   CarPuma 

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:28 PM

Well let us know what fronts cos id be interested to know

#5 User is offline   dazza4 

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (CarPuma @ Jul 16 2006, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well let us know what fronts cos id be interested to know

http://www.iceclearout.com/Car-Speakers/65-17-cm/TS-E1796/

go on dat link.
im plannin to buy these v soon when i get sum spare cash fingers crossed they fit if not ill get the 13cm version of em.
im assuming theyre gona sound wicked n when i fit em ill post on here my opinion of them.

#6 User is offline   DTPuma 

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

the rear speakers are a hassle to fit I've been told. Someone said don't bother not worth the hassle.

As you have just fitted some, how hard is it?
IPB Image

Check out my new site: www.davidtillyerphotography.co.uk

Also I work for Warehouse Express so If you need anything Photographic let me know!

#7 User is offline   dazza4 

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (DTPuma @ Jul 16 2006, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the rear speakers are a hassle to fit I've been told. Someone said don't bother not worth the hassle.

As you have just fitted some, how hard is it?

i found it a piece of cake, dun it in less than an hour as long as u dnt have trouble gettin da trim off the speaker just screws straight into place no hole adjustments or nuthin only thing i had to do was with the speaker wire supplied with the speakers was a bit awkward tying up do the original ford connectors u have to sumhow push the metal hook out of the connector and feed the bare copper on the new speaker wire thru the hook n tie it so it stays but dat took like a mintue 1nce i realised dat. its worth having a go neway and ull see what i mean about the wire if u get sum n try fitting them it really is as simple as dat jst make sure the positive n negative are the right way round otherwise u get no bass so have the stereo on as u connnect the wires to test.

#8 User is offline   cooler king 

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:49 PM

this is a job i keep meaning to do, i havent got rear speakers atall and i would be running them ff an amp so hopefully all will be straight forwards, cheers for reccomending them ones!!! wink.gif

#9 User is offline   Martin 

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:44 PM

Can I just add to this fine recommendation.....

I have just bought a pair of

PIONEER TS H683 180W FORD MAZDA JAGUAR CAR SPEAKERS 6x8 for Å“40 off Ebay

they have just taken me a little over 30 mins to install and they sound fantasic

they are hooked up to an Alpine CDM 9825RB head unit

Well Done fella, top tip, no drilling, no fiddling, striaght in!

Many Thanks good.gif

#10 User is offline   dazza4 

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (Martin @ Jul 19 2006, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I just add to this fine recommendation.....
I have just bought a pair of

PIONEER TS H683 180W FORD MAZDA JAGUAR CAR SPEAKERS 6x8 for Å“40 off Ebay

they have just taken me a little over 30 mins to install and they sound fantasic

they are hooked up to an Alpine CDM 9825RB head unit

Well Done fella, top tip, no drilling, no fiddling, striaght in!

Many Thanks good.gif

No worries glad i could help the only thing dat let mine down is theyre not amplified properly cos theyre runnin off the ford HU i cnt wait till i get a decent HU cos then ill notice the difference i bet urs sound amazing n u want to sit nin the back of the car all the time now to appreciate them lol, have u noticed the clarity of them is brilliant and u can hear every note of the sound so perfectly?

#11 User is offline   Martin 

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (dazza4 @ Jul 20 2006, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the clarity of them is brilliant and u can hear every note of the sound so perfectly?

biggrin.gif

#12 User is offline   CarPuma 

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:20 AM

Right so ive taken the plunge and ordered these speakers tday - ill let u know how they sound when they arrive - hopefully as good as martins and dazza4s !!! cool.gif

This post has been edited by CarPuma: 22 July 2006 - 12:20 AM

#13 User is offline   Puma_Em 

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:36 AM

im going to order some 6x8's too

does any1 know if jbl make these sizes??

also what is the correct size for the front speakers 13cm??

thanks

the reason im looking for jbl is that i already have a jbl sub and amp sat waiting to go in
and so want the rest of the system the same make if possible

This post has been edited by Puma_Em: 24 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

#14 User is offline   CarPuma 

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (CarPuma @ Jul 22 2006, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right so ive taken the plunge and ordered these speakers tday - ill let u know how they sound when they arrive - hopefully as good as martins and dazza4s !!! cool.gif

Fitted them yesterday - took me a fair while bcos I didnt really know what I was doing ! Sorted it out in the end though and they fit like a glove.

They sound good - not amazing mind you - but I certainly have more kick to the bass and slightly better mid and high range. I only have the normal headunit so im sure that when I get my alpine one it will make a world of difference.

Cheers for the tip good.gif

#15 User is offline   dazza4 

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (CarPuma @ Jul 25 2006, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fitted them yesterday - took me a fair while bcos I didnt really know what I was doing ! Sorted it out in the end though and they fit like a glove.

They sound good - not amazing mind you - but I certainly have more kick to the bass and slightly better mid and high range. I only have the normal headunit so im sure that when I get my alpine one it will make a world of difference.

Cheers for the tip good.gif

yeh trust me they will i only have the ford HU so its not doin no justice 4 them atm so u av da same problem as me ull notice a huge difference in the clarity of the mid n high range when u do put the new Hu in. lets put it this way i tested it with my mums 600cd from her 02 plate mondeo n they sounded amazing cos thats a bit more powerful then my old 5000 so when u put an alpine in or soming da results shud b awesome
i def recommend doin da fronts too which im yet to do so uve got dat same quality throughout.

QUOTE (Puma_Em @ Jul 24 2006, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im going to order some 6x8's too

does any1 know if jbl make these sizes??

also what is the correct size for the front speakers 13cm??

thanks

the reason im looking for jbl is that i already have a jbl sub and amp sat waiting to go in
and so want the rest of the system the same make if possible

Yeh i do see ur point but i dnt think they do em, but trust me u wont go wrong puttin these in and yeh the size are 13 cm in the front but many ppl have put 6.5 inch successfully.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic