Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newbie, Rather Ill Little 1.7 Already hands on Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   alerno 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Hi,

I am new here, and also new to the ownership of a Puma.

I have wanted to own one since it came out in 1997. After 17 years on a BMW 323i E21, I have finally bought one Pumita .

Mine is sadly in very, very bad shape (images of my car may need warning to some), it was the only one I could afford. It's a 1.7. May 1997, silver.

It cost me 140 Euro (I live in Germany) on eBay and so far, I have had to buy a rear window, tyres, brake discs and pads. I am looking for the left (driver's) door, right wheel arch, sport seats (future research here), OE Radio, tools, central locking, perhaps a bonnet, perhaps another back window. It is lowered (I will find out later what springs these are) but unfortunately it also has very stiff dampers. I had initially planned to get Eibach springs on standard dampers.

Problems as of now:

- Central locking (!): I don't know what the owners did before me, they installed an aftermarket, keyholder CL that simply doesn't work: It doesn't want to lock, then leaves the right indicator on (not blinking) or the left one, and then, apparently, it opens itself on its own. Today I arrived and the rear gate was open.

- Brakes (solved): Never saw a car in worst condition, discs look like David-stars. I bought 258mm Brembo discs and pads, 61 Euros including shipping.

- Rust: Simply all over. I will later search to find the spots to look for so as not to fail the TÜV (German equivalent of MOT, which, obviously, my Pumita no longer has). Obviously rear wheel arches, also below the door.

(Re)Equipment plans:

- Get the flattest seats I can find (I don't like the tall driving position). I am in contact with sellers already but I realised the seats may not be lower.

- Get an OEM-silencer (so far, I can't even find the brand, least the code). The car's old one fell off.

- Get the OEM CD Radio

- As I said: left door, right wheel arch, rear window.

I am happy with my little sickly Pumita, and I am glad to exchange info with you all... Cheers.

#2 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:12 AM

Hello and welcome. Hope you soon get your Puma fit and well again !
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

Hi
The rear window if not actually missing or broken might just need re fitting and sealing.
Radio code, if you search and look for the post made by Ian G you will find what you need.
In the wiki find the alarm test I would do that to see if one of your opening sensors is playing up.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   pumamartin 

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Alerno, you live in Germany you say so....
check

http://www.ford-puma-forum.net/

and Site of Puma Team Europe.

http://www.puma-team...630&language=ge

Sind beide in Deutsch also....

oder Ebay, FB puma team Europe oder Ford Puma Forum
Versand aus UK ist viel teurer wie inland versand ind Deutschland.

Greating from the Netherlands.

Schau dir unsere site auch an,

www.pumadrivers.nl
European Ford Puma Meeting, ist 15 Minuten von Aachen...

#5 User is offline   AYMANTN 

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

welcome :rolleyes:/>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic