Pumapeople: The Puma And The Puddle - Pumapeople

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Puma And The Puddle Sceptics and pessimists need not apply! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#41 User is offline   usapuma 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:24 AM

Thanks everybody :-)

And yes they are the mounting points I was referring to… Isn't it strange how they happened to match up to the US numberplate just perfectly!

I will keep on taking pictures and posting them, I can assure you. Thank you also so much for your support and genuine interest. It has been really good fun and yes, it dos seem to get quite a lot of attention from the right people, yet being black, doesn't get attention from everybody which is exactly what I wanted. Only those that are genuinely interested seem to notice.

Thanks again guys.

#42 User is offline   Rayy 

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:00 AM

This is so cool! Posted Image

Me and the wife have always had a dream of driving across America, in a puma would be amazing!

Good luck sorting the legals buddy, all the best!
Owner: FRP #076
Current mile muncher: 2014(64) Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCI 200 Titanium X Sport - Frozen White

Previous:
2009(09) Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI | 2008(08) Mk7 Ford Fiesta TDCI Zetec S | 1999(T) Rover 420 | 1997(.R) Rover 620 TD | 1995(M) Mk3 Ford Fiesta Si
First car: 1990(H) Mk3 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus!

#43 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

Your tyre pressures went up because well you are in a T shirt over there, the air is warmer perfectly expected they would go up from where they were in the UK.
I think the moral of your successful imprort process is the graft you put in to find out what you needed to do and then actually doing it.
Now you can enjoy your year :D
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#44 User is offline   vatokat 

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:19 AM

Your preparation has paid off. Enjoy yourself!

Are you going to drive it through Detroit?

#45 User is offline   usapuma 

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:41 AM

Now there's an idea!

This post has been edited by usapuma: 01 March 2016 - 01:44 AM

#46 User is offline   usapuma 

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:42 AM

I never thought of Detroit… That's a genius idea! I've been to the Henry Ford (Museum) before now and it was fantastic. To be able to take a picture of the car in front of it would be epic and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Where else should I get to in the US? Where would you all take your puma for a once in a lifetime photograph?

#47 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:44 AM

Times Square. A desert for those great cacti.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#48 User is offline   Fanwheel 

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

I'd take it to monument valley and over the Golden Gate Bridge. But quite a long way from Florida - driving distances are mind boggling!

#49 User is offline   pumamartin 

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

View PostFanwheel, on 01 March 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'd take it to monument valley and over the Golden Gate Bridge. But quite a long way from Florida - driving distances are mind boggling!

He has a whole year so I assume he will go west. B)

#50 User is offline   usapuma 

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:21 AM

I love the ideas! Keep 'em coming!

I have thought quite seriously about San Francisco. I go every year and it would be a shame not to pay homage to the original advertising campaign! Thing is, the time at which I would go I would probably be driving from the North East, so it really would be cross country!

On another note.. I got pulled over again if you want to check out the blog!

www.usapuma.blogspot.com

This post has been edited by usapuma: 03 March 2016 - 04:21 AM

#51 User is offline   vatokat 

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

If you make it to Detroit, you must play this track while you're driving (but shout 'Ford Puma 1.7' over the 'Porsche 934' bit)

https://www.youtube....h?v=E5kKUtTX0yU

#52 User is offline   pumamartin 

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

Three weeks since your last blogpost :angry: :nono:

;)

#53 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Hopefully everything is OK and it's just the thrill of being out there keeping you busy

#54 User is offline   usapuma 

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't posted anywhere for a while. I have more pictures to go up on the blog but they haven't quite made it from my phone to the internet yet…

You will all be pleased to know that I haven't been pulled over again (yet) and that the car is still running strong. I took it all the way to Orlando recently and then picked up a pal in Sarasota before heading back to Miami via Alligator Alley… Sounds mad right?!

I have also been to a couple of car meets and people are always most interested, particularly by the RHD. One guy (I stress 'one') actually knew what the car was! He was a bit blown away tbh; he knew the score with the 25 year rule - so naturally, he got to take the car for a spin :) The other bit people cannot get their heads around is how much the car cost me, but then it's easy to say "I just threw an engine in it and fixed the wheel-arches"… After explaining what wheel arches are, I remind people that neither job was short of a headache or two!

In any case, the car gets the right attention generally - it makes people happy, I can get around and it costs me no more than 20 bucks to fill up (and that's the expensive stuff!). Happy days…. Stay tuned to the blog, I promise more pictures and even some video will come :)

#55 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

The Puma is rocking. Great catch up with your over the pond adventure.

#56 User is offline   vaspetrol 

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

This thread is so cool :) I have shared it on facebook now too :) Fantastic to see your Puma on US soil :)

Good job :)

Vas :)
Vas
FRP #385 / FORD FIESTA ZETEC-S
Looked after by GK!!-In GK Ford I trust
BRAKES LOOKED AFTER BY DR.ALCON @ ELDUDE-BUILD!

PERFORMANCE FORD SHOW 2006-BEST PUMA WINNER
FORD FAIR CONCOURS CLASS WINNER 2006
WONDERLAND SPORTSCAR SHOW 2007-CONCOURS 2ND PLACE
BEST PARADE LAP FRP WINNER-CASTLE COMBE 2007
PUMAPEOPLE CALENDAR CAR 2009

Racing Puma Owners Club Membership Administrator

#57 User is offline   pumamartin 

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

Good to read everything is ok.
And hopefully you can post the pictures very soon.

#58 User is offline   usapuma 

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Hi all! Have uploaded a few more pics on the blog if you would like to see. More to follow :)/>

www.usapuma.blogspot.com

This post has been edited by usapuma: 17 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

#59 User is offline   pumamartin 

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

Thank you Chris. Nice pics en vids love it. :cool:

#60 User is offline   usapuma 

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:22 AM

Hi all! So... My epic journey has begun. The Puma will endure the legendary Dragon's Tail in NC while on the way to PA for the summer. I'll post all the pics on the blog as I go!

www.usapuma.blogspot.com

I have also lowered and stiffened the car for the journey - three lots of epic driving roads en route! Take a look... Hopefully I'm doing our cars proud :)

(I should really purchase AAA too...)

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic