• Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

They seemed pretty impressed with that one too wink.gif
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation

#22 User is offline   Smoking_Zephyr 

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

Will we get a sneaky peak at a few piccies?? Cheeky I know biggrin.gif

I ran the BUPA Great Manchester Run on 17 May 2009 to raise money for CANCER RESEARCH UK

Puma's owned to date...
July 2006 - February 2008 1998 Red S Reg 1.4 Ford Puma... February 2008 - Present 2001 Black Y Reg 1.7 Ford Puma

#23 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

poss wink.gif

Apart from issues with sensor ( which did not show, I'll elaborate on that in another thread... ) then once things kicked off in the morning at the stylists, the day went like clockwork. Had a great time, the registrar was brilliant, had no issues with shooting the ceremony, something we had previously been told she would not allow.

The light stayed (ish) for the obligatory outdoor shots, then after the breakfast, off to evening bash ( chance to empty the memory cards ! ) and that was just great. fun with flash and trying out new stuff in large open spaces, so really enjoyable, plus massive learning routine.

Only gripe I had was 15 hours of working and carrying one very large lump of camera ( body, large f.o. lens, grip, flash, battery pack for flash... ) left me pooped! Also, unusually for a party, stone cold sober! Now there's a first wink.gif
Matt and Tiggr

"i have seen things you people couldn't believe; attack ships off the shoulder of orion. I watched c-beams at the tannhauser gate. all these things will be lost in time....like tears in the rain........
Time....to...die........"

#24 User is offline   Smoking_Zephyr 

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Well I look forward to seeing some if its poss biggrin.gif

I ran the BUPA Great Manchester Run on 17 May 2009 to raise money for CANCER RESEARCH UK

Puma's owned to date...
July 2006 - February 2008 1998 Red S Reg 1.4 Ford Puma... February 2008 - Present 2001 Black Y Reg 1.7 Ford Puma

#25 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:42 AM

happy to hear that things went smoothly for you Matt,

that 26GB from your camera wont be as many shots as people might think, especially if you shot them in raw too biggrin.gif

I know the feeling of carrying the equipment round for a day, although perhaps not quite so much and for not quite so long as you did smile.gif
Journeyed to the green hell and survived
A good friend will help you move; A true friend will help you move the bodies

#26 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:14 AM

754 images biggrin.gif

Just hope the bride and groom dont pick anywhere near that many wink.gif
Matt and Tiggr

"i have seen things you people couldn't believe; attack ships off the shoulder of orion. I watched c-beams at the tannhauser gate. all these things will be lost in time....like tears in the rain........

#27 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

lol, still a lot of pictures, but not as many as it would hve been if I'd used up 26GB, even shooting RAW smile.gif

and to think people thought I'd been a bit snap happy at my sister's wedding when I took around 150 (I think)

#28 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:25 AM

Paul,

Was a long day, and actual wedding images are only a small part. A large chunk of that memory was used at the stylists, watching Holly transform from a grunge goth into a really beautiful woman. She really did look stunning, and totally out of character.

Madam was there at the same time being beautified, so quite a few of her too.

For me, the best part was the evening bash, as people, esp the bride and groom had started to relax, all the worries of the day having gone.

Was a real honor doing the images for them smile.gif
Matt and Tiggr

#29 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

This is the one madam liked.

Almost last image of the day, when the happy couple let the balloons go smile.gif

Seemed best way to finish the photowork for the albums.

Matt and Tiggr

#30 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

Luckily for me, my sister wasn't too concerned with pictures of the preparations or the rest of the celebrations after the ceremony and daytime meal so it wasn't too long a day for me for that event.

I really like that picture too. Looks like a really simple picture in colour terms with the blue and silver but I bet it wasn't a simple one to catpure as well as you have done. I like the way they look so happy and the direction they are looking in draws your eyes up to the balloons, but also the ribbons on the balloons also sort of draw your eye back to them too (if that makes sense) smile.gif

#31 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:44 PM

Kind of hoping it didnt cause air traffic control issues wink.gif

Would love to say it was planned, but all i did was rapid shoot a series, working on the principle that one may be of use.

What I found hardest from this shoot, something I'd not experienced before, was not so much the formal work, but the candid shots. Also some of the night work was done at high ISO, and Sony have yet to release the firmware upgrade for the 900 that addresses some of the noise issues. That said, converted to B&W and they seem to work well smile.gif

Matt and Tiggr

#32 User is offline   LisaDJ 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

that photo is amazing! Its so effective smile.gif Well done you! biggrin.gif

#33 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Thanks Lisa smile.gif

Last one for now

Test edit
Matt and Tiggr

#34 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Matt & Tiggr MKIII @ May 26 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would love to say it was planned, but all i did was rapid shoot a series, working on the principle that one may be of use.

well from what I saw from the photographs taken by 'professionals' at a couple of weddings of work colleagues' friends before doing my sister's do, they seemed to have the same approach. After all, why else would you need to post 7 or 8 pictures of the wedding car's front grille on the website with all the other pictures, then 7 or 8 identical angles of the cake, then 7 or 8 identical angles of a tiara balanced on the bride's shoes then 7 or 8....well, you get the idea laugh.gif

I think with any sort of movement it's useful to shoot a series as the littlest change in detail can make a big difference to the overall look of the finished image

I haven't done much high ISO work with mine as it doesn't seem to be as good with regards to noise at anything over 400, but I haven't needed the high ISO performance yet smile.gif

#35 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

Did a test shot at a wedding late last year - ramped all the way up to 6400! Noisy as hell in colour, but dropped to B&W and the results were, if I do say so myself, stunning wink.gif
Matt and Tiggr

#36 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

laugh.gif nowt wrong with being a little bit modest now and then biggrin.gif

#37 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:02 PM

Well one has to blow ones own trumpet every now and then wink.gif
Matt and Tiggr

#38 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

isn't that what the sex thread is for? wink.gif laugh.gif

Personally I'm not so keen on the second picture, and I think it's the saturation level which is not quite doing it for me, although it obviously depends on the desired result. I'm afraid that's the best description I can come up with. brain isn't quite functioning as normal at the moment lol.

I presume it's the compression/aliasing when uploading the picture to the site which is making them look like they have jaggedy arms too smile.gif clicking on it to get the larger version looks a lot better smile.gif

#39 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

I'm working on various post process versions, so the saturation is for testing only. Better in B&W with a slight colour cast applied smile.gif

And yes, its the compression at the smaller size thats causing the saw tooth edge smile.gif
Matt and Tiggr

#40 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

I'll let you off then laugh.gif

Also glad to hear their arms aren't like that in real life biggrin.gif

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic