Pumapeople: What Makes You Nostalgic? - Pumapeople

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Makes You Nostalgic? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Sarah_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

I was nosing around on eBay in the early hours when I found some Sweet Valley High books.....all girls my age will remember these in which Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield, 2 gorgeous US blonde twins made in the mould of the Third Reich's wet dream went around having moral adventures and dilemmas that finished up with a fine ol' lesson being learned. Just seeing them made me feel 11 again...anyone else have anything that shunts them back a few (decades) years?

#2 Guest_XIIVVX_*

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Sarah @ Mar 18 2007, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2 gorgeous US blonde twins made in the mould of the Third Reich's wet dream went around having moral adventures and dilemmas that finished up with a fine ol' lesson being learned

Did it have pictures, and did they ever end up naked?

XIIVVX

#3 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:14 PM

No. I'm sorry Mr XIIVVX. And when they lost their virginities (which I'm assuming they did), they did so to handsome, loving supportive boyfriends who would never have dreamt of getting a mate to film it......

#4 Guest_XIIVVX_*

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

Fair enough. There was always hope. wink.gif

For me it's 'Lovejoy'

A series that captures an idealised East Anglia in the eighties that, whilst not lost completely, is certainly not what it was.

XIIVVX

#5 User is offline   maineman1963 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

Hi guys.
For me has to be The Sweeney... not being allowed to watch it by my folks as a 12 yr old etc. Getting round that by sleeping over at mates who were allowed to watch it. Gung ho British cops and Ford cars great. Got the entire collection now on DVD and my kids ( who i do allow to watch it, all seems v tame and wonderfully un-PC ).

Musically listening again to the Stranglers 1st album from 1977 takes me back ......
ex-owner of FRP 347 believe it is now R.I.P ! ...... now driving ....................... yes.... a Mondeo diesel. so per my daughter I am now Mondeo man, after Scoobies, BMW M5 etc etc .... ex-wife probably thinks how the not so mighty have fallen !!!

#6 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

Listening to 'William It Was Really Nothing,' takes me back to the first time I ever heard it and ever got into decent music; I was hanging out of my bedroom window one night, smoking a Marlboro when Morrissey's voice kicked in and I stopped short of a decent drag in order to go...

'What the bloody hell is this?'

'The rain falls hard/on a humdrum town....' First bit of poetry ever to turn my head

And thus my eyes were opened to good music biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sarah: 18 March 2007 - 04:48 PM

#7 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:44 PM

Ladybird Books wub.gif

#8 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

I found all my famous five and Secret Seven books a few months ago. I even read a few chapters of one of them. A good trip down memory lane!
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#9 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

Oh God! The Faraway Tree! How could I have forgotten that? But I picked up a newly revised ed a while back and 'Fanny' is now called something ridiculously PC like 'Francesca,' which totally nulls and voids the point of childhood innocence....

#10 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:09 PM

Its not just the names that were revised, parts of the story were changed as well, to pretty much universal condemnation.
Bloody PC brigade.
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#11 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

Seriously? Oh FFS! The only master criminal they had in Blyton's time was Just William! Probably some fuggin' 'think tank' thought it dangerous to children if they went climbing up trees in search of magical places. Much rather that they sit in front of the TV and simulate killing people ja_cool.gif

9.gif

#12 Guest_mjh24_*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:09 AM

nothing, I am still too young tongue.gif

#13 Guest_Miss Boss_*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:29 AM

oh my god Sarah...i used to read all those Sweet valley High Books....funny isnt it, never thought about it until you mentioned it and now brings back lots of nice memories:) infact, i think they are all still on a bookcase in my mum's house from when i left home 4 years ago lol!!

This post has been edited by Miss Boss: 19 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

#14 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

I owned loads, too; we had a competition in primary school one day, where we all brought in our SVHs.....took me right back seeing them on eBay!

#15 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

Panini football stickers that us boys used to collect, stick in the albums and take our 'swapsies' to school to trade !! biggrin.gif
SPENCER
FORD PUMA THUNDER 2002 (SOLD)
HONDA CRZ 2013

#16 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

I had sticker albums, too! I desperately had to rein in my desire to buy the Shrek sticker album that came out a few years ago, because I although I reaaaaaaally wanted it, I also knew that the newsagents would be bemused by a 25yr old woman coming in and asking for packets of stickers. Tragic, really......

#17 User is offline   sky 

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:54 PM

The plastic caps they put on beer barrels, used to throw them against the wall, closest to it, took your opponents cap smile.gif
Jason Aspinall, Original site creator, since '98
http://www.chilledatthebottom.com
http://www.chilled35.com
Mmm, clicky :)

#18 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

curly wurlys and sherbert fountains
sex kitten
come up and see me...make me smile :wink:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO -What a Ride!:D

1.7 Moondust Silver Sep 2002 - Aug 2009, 1.7 Silver Thunder Aug 2009 -

#19 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Sarah @ Mar 19 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had sticker albums, too! I desperately had to rein in my desire to buy the Shrek sticker album that came out a few years ago, because I although I reaaaaaaally wanted it, I also knew that the newsagents would be bemused by a 25yr old woman coming in and asking for packets of stickers. Tragic, really......

The excitement of getting a foil !! woot2.gif
SPENCER
FORD PUMA THUNDER 2002 (SOLD)
HONDA CRZ 2013

#20 Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

A man after my own heart....

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic