Pumapeople: Rear Window Washer Not Working - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rear Window Washer Not Working

#1 User is offline   zedder 

• Group: Members

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

My Puma´s rear window washer does not work always. Sometimes when I pull the wiper multi switch towards myself there is no spray of water on rear window, front wipers start to work instead. Sometimes rear washer works just fine.Is this a common problem?

I suppose the switch itself must me faulty. Rear window washer is not needed very often, but if there is one I think it should work too... If faulty switch is really the reason for this, does anyone here know how expensive a new one is...?

#2 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

Second-hand ones on eBay, but you can get a new one from here (Check it is the correct part, as there were 2 types fitted, depending on year):
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This post has been edited by YOG: 23 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

Rick

The Haynes Fiesta Manual (3397) can answer a lot of your questions.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   zedder 

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for the linked eBay item, picture was very useful (I did not know there is only one integrated switch inside the steering column).First i´m going to try to disassemble the old one and check what´s wrong before buying a brand new,though. If I have to replace the switch after all: Do LHD and RHD models have same part...?

#4 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

I would have thought they were both LH and RH drive were the same. When you get the old one off, compare it with the picture.
Just another thought, might be worth checking the electrical connection to the pump, the wash bottle filter and contents for any contamination first.
http://www.pumapeopl...ble_Washer_Jets
Rick

The Haynes Fiesta Manual (3397) can answer a lot of your questions.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   zedder 

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

I removed today the switch assembly from the steering column. Funny thing, I did not read instructions from the Haynes Fiesta book and so I did not unplug those connectors: The horn started to yell when I tried to remove the switch assembly... :) After I removed all screws and lifted the cover a bit I managed to clean the rear washer switch´s contact surfaces with WD40 and cotton bud. The rear washer seems to work now but I´m not sure if the problem is now completely solved... I hope it was the switch and not pump...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic