Pumapeople: Frp Running Rough - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp Running Rough

#1 User is offline   FRP 067 

• Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:25 PM

Hi my FRP has developed a problem & my garage is going on a big old fishing trip as they don’t really know what the issue is. Basically it’s bogging down, and feels like it’s too low a gear. It’s hesitating and spluttering and loosing some power. It feels like it would die at any time. I’ve had it since 2002 so I know the car well. Personally I don’t think it’s the idel control as I’ve had that & it hunts and stalls. But that is what they plan to do next. They have already swapped the air mass thingy. It only happened the other day and I got it straight in.
Faults
P0172 - System too rich bank 1P1132 - Lack of HO2S11 switch - sends indicates richPO133 - o2 sensor circuit slow response bank 1 sensor 1
If that helps...
I’m thinking Hugo sensor or whatever it’s called lamba thing.
Any help appreciated to reduce my bill.
Thanks Darryl.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

Remove the hego, how does it run now. If better then buy new hego.
Running rich and then lean creates a horrible lumpy drive. You exhaust pipe is likely got deep soot you could draw in.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   FRP 067 

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:39 PM

happy-kat said:

1521734334[/url]' post='940008']
Remove the hego, how does it run now. If better then buy new hego.
Running rich and then lean creates a horrible lumpy drive. You exhaust pipe is likely got deep soot you could draw in.

Thanks & I’ll pass it on to my garage.
Another quick one, bushes wise are ours all the same as standard Pumas? I tried calling Powerflex but their sales staff were pretty useless and didn’t have a clue.

#4 User is offline   nottadam 

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:05 PM

Hi

All bushes are standard Puma EXCEPT the rear ones in the front wishbones, they are uprated but still physically same size.

Paul

FRP#008, 2001 1.6 Med Steel Blue, Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Zetec S

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic