Pumapeople: Puma's Rock But What Dya Think Of Audi Tt's - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Puma's Rock But What Dya Think Of Audi Tt's Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Miss Lateralus 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

My bf might be buying one. He's put a deposit on a 225bhp black TT, X reg with RS4 rims, black leather, 49k on the clock. AS LONG as they tidy up some bits that they promised to do the sale should go through. Just wondering what your thoughts are on them? I'd love a TT as my next car, but they are not cheap to buy or maintain. I think they look great!
COME WHAT (EVER) MAY

#2 User is offline   deeceebee 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

Poor man's poncey Porsche driven by blokes with small genitals. bleh.gif
New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

#3 User is offline   Miss Lateralus 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

LOL! I take it you're not a fan! Fair enough! Next you'd say if he bought a Boxter it's a poor mans Carrera. Each to their own though. I think there are a few ex Puma now TT owners here. Would love to hear your verdict on the car as I too would like to buy one at some point.
COME WHAT (EVER) MAY

#4 User is offline   Sw33t 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

Not a fan of the older model.

My friend has one and the build quality seems pretty bad for the price, not a fan of the interior or the general ride either.

The new shape looks good but not been in one so cant comment on it.

But everyone has their own opinions.

#5 User is offline   deeceebee 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Miss Lateralus @ Aug 8 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL! I take it you're not a fan! Fair enough! Next you'd say if he bought a Boxter it's a poor mans Carrera. Each to their own though. I think there are a few ex Puma now TT owners here. Would love to hear your verdict on the car as I too would like to buy one at some point.

There are too many of the bloody things, like the Boxster though.

#6 User is offline   LisaDJ 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:13 PM

I want one w00t.gif but it would have to be the soft top...

This post has been edited by LisaDJ: 08 August 2007 - 04:13 PM

#7 User is offline   Miss Lateralus 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

I think loads of cars are common if you look for them. Thing is he would never spend loads of money on a car. We thought a TT would be a nicer and funner option over an A3 or BMW 3 series. I used to hate my bro's 3 series with a passion... now THEY are dead common cars!

I think they're hot! Not bad in terms of speed and they are well rated. Came just above the Puma in What Car's top 5 used coupe's. I know Puma's are a lot cheaper to buy and maintain so no comparison. I've heard the new one is much better, but it's in a different league in terms of price point.

LisaDJ... If I was gonna go soft top I'd much rather have an S2000 or an MX5 MKIII, but then the TT roadster is quit cheap in comparison to those two cars.

This post has been edited by Miss Lateralus: 08 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

COME WHAT (EVER) MAY

#8 User is offline   Spleen 

• View gallery

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

I wasnt ever fond... until some close got one! Gotta say, with 4wd they are a proper thorough bred sports car. Very low to sit in. Maybe the handling isnt quite to some peoples tastes, and maybe they suffer like Pu's with a "lady" tag, but personally I love 'em... GO FOR IT! Just dont expect Puma type economy from a 1.8T engine that gives 225bhp!

A Frying Pan..... c====\__________/

Thanks you Machine Head & Metallica for great nights in Sheffield and Manchester...

#9 User is offline   deeceebee 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

If I ever get another coupe I wouldn't mind a Monaro when the prices start to come down, if only for the sound they make.

#10 User is offline   LisaDJ 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Miss Lateralus @ Aug 8 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think loads of cars are common if you look for them.

yep I think this too. I wanted a Mini and then they were all over the place (they are common though).
When I got my Puma, we started seeing them a bit more and my fiancé started ribbing me that they were common too tongue.gif

#11 User is offline   LisaDJ 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Miss Lateralus @ Aug 8 2007, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LisaDJ... If I was gonna go soft top I'd much rather have an S2000 or an MX5 MKIII, but then the TT roadster is quit cheap in comparison to those two cars.

I don't think I would be spending over £10K on my next car... Not keen on the honda and the MX5 looks a bit small. unsure.gif

#12 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:42 PM

Its a Golf in a fancy (if desirable) suit.
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#13 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

To be fair its the driver's choice whether the car is good or not, i can't say i'd own a fair few cars maybe because of experiences etc etc.

i like the look of the new shape TT and was fond of the old one but i would rather buy another car other than a TT.

Worse case scenario is he hates it and sells it on for no loss of money biggrin.gif
www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

For all Ford Servicing, repairs and conversions. Call or pm me for details. Based in Brentwood, Essex

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

Official Member Of The 'BIG HITTERS' Club

#14 User is offline   Crystalpuma 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Neil @ Aug 8 2007, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a Golf in a fancy (if desirable) suit.

Well it's a certainly a huge improvement tongue.gif
"Margaret was right...piracy is our only option"
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Nancy & Vix

#15 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

Nothing wrong with a Mk4 Golf R32 or GTi. The R32 Mk4 is on my 'Next Car' list.

TT wise i would get the super dooper model as i'd feel hard done by parting with my cash otherwise! sad.gif
www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

For all Ford Servicing, repairs and conversions. Call or pm me for details. Based in Brentwood, Essex

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

Official Member Of The 'BIG HITTERS' Club

#16 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

Someone here who knows his cars bought one, regretted it and is now happier in a Clio Trophy ph34r.gif

The TT is certainly a car to be seen in but not one to be driven with much pleasure so if that's what you're after then go for it.

This post has been edited by BOK: 08 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

#17 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

If someone offered me one I wouldn't refuse it!!
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#18 User is offline   Miss Lateralus 

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

IF he gets it he's gonna get me insured biggrin.gif ... in which case I'll let you know my personal verdict on how the car drives for me. My bro has had some nice cars... a3, 3 Series 330i, mini cooper works and now a 3 litre Z4. Having driven them and my dads old z3 it will be nice to see how the TT compares. I must say my favourite out of my bro's cars was definitely the cooper works. The torque and speed on that car was ridiculous for its little size. I don't think he's fond of his Z4 and he wants to go back to a works at some point in the future.

BOK... a guy I knew had a 182 trophy and he hated it. Apparently he didn't think it handled well considering it's a pretty quick car and more importantly he found it to be really unreliable, which resulted in him vowing never to buy a french car again. I know it's not quite the same but a colleague of mine has also had nothing but problems with his Clio and my bro's brother in law has a Clio Williams which has been tempramental. So personally I'll be staying away from Renaults due to reliability. Don't get me wrong I guess I know unlucky people and I'm sure plenty of people have had no problems with their Clio's.

QUOTE (Spleen @ Aug 8 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasnt ever fond... until some close got one! Gotta say, with 4wd they are a proper thorough bred sports car. Very low to sit in. Maybe the handling isnt quite to some peoples tastes, and maybe they suffer like Pu's with a "lady" tag, but personally I love 'em... GO FOR IT! Just dont expect Puma type economy from a 1.8T engine that gives 225bhp!

Nice one Speen. We have another fan lol!
COME WHAT (EVER) MAY

#19 User is offline   CheshireKat 

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

I used to work for Audi, and drove the 3.2 quattro many times, I'd have one, but a little too pricey huh.gif

#20 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Spleen @ Aug 8 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasnt ever fond... until some close got one! Gotta say, with 4wd they are a proper thorough bred sports car.

your havin a laugh surely.... the TT is a proper Fashion statement.... i think they forgot about the sports car bit... tongue.gif tongue.gif

My uncle has a rather nice Black one.... I love the trim... very 'Audi'.... and nice tongue.gif

the TT is way way way to comfortable and luxurious to be in the 'sports car' class i think....

I think it's a great package....looks very nice.... and an endless list of snazzy (but expensive) options available.... It's a very different drive to somthing like an FRP... for a start, everything feels so smooth and computerized .... steering and brakes etc.... i certainly could'nt swap my FRP for one of the lower end models...

the more recent 3.2 V6 models had revised suspension and a few more tweaks to the power and handing, so i expect they were much better 'drivers' cars.... wouldn't mind a go in one of these....

The special edition ones they had at silverstone last year as the pace cars (black and red) were awesome!...

Chris
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic