Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cat

#1 User is offline   stash772 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

Hi .

m8 of mine is going to change my cat section as it"s on its last legs . Looked all over the site and was wondering what the ford code was , and is there anything specific he needs to know , also the rear break pads and the paint spray codes if anybody knows these , cheers

stash frp 200

#2 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (stash772 @ Jul 10 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi .

m8 of mine is going to change my cat section as it"s on its last legs . Looked all over the site and was wondering what the ford code was , and is there anything specific he needs to know , also the rear break pads and the paint spray codes if anybody knows these , cheers

stash frp 200

FRP pads are from a focus, forget now which yr & model. Look for a mintex brake box.

FRP colour is imperial blue.

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

Not 100% sure that Ford have any centre sections left, I think they have run out ja_stupid.gif
Code is 9087878
The Piper kit is interchangeable I think with the OEM manifold and backbox.

Paint code is mentioned here clicky me

1075565 rear brake pads
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   stash772 

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Jul 10 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not 100% sure that Ford have any centre sections left, I think they have run out ja_stupid.gif
Code is 9087878
The Piper kit is interchangeable I think with the OEM manifold and backbox.

Paint code is mentioned here clicky me

1075565 rear brake pads

Thanks HK , so if ford have possibly ran out of the centre section what do i need to do to get one , thanks )

stash frp 200

#5 User is offline   FlashBastd 

• Group: Validating

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

I think Piper, via PumaBuild is your only option, aside from people breaking FRP's.

I think the Miltek mid section is also interchangeable, but when I spoke to Tony at Pumaspeed he told me they weren't available on their own.

Given that the Ford mid section included the sportcat and wasn't cheap, you might be as well to get a new Milltek system with your existing sport cat fitted to the front end. Given that PumaSpeed are only in Wakefield, you would probably be well advised to give Tony a call, if only for advice.
2005 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
2000 Ford Focus 1.6i Ghia
2006 Renault Clio 2.0i RenaultSport 197 - SOLD
2005 Honda CR-V 2.0i Executive auto
2001 Ford Puma 1.7i Black

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

The piper is a pretty good replica of the OEM system in stainless I understand, so the centre section comes with a sports cat and will I gather just bolt in direct placement of the original centre section. Good price too.
But try Ford first they may have an OEM just to check the stock levels smile.gif

Lastly you may be able to get a Janspeed centre section, but you would have to be a member of RPOC for that I suspect. That to is stainless steel and was made on the original jigs.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#7 User is offline   stash772 

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (FlashBastd @ Jul 10 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Piper, via PumaBuild is your only option, aside from people breaking FRP's.

I think the Miltek mid section is also interchangeable, but when I spoke to Tony at Pumaspeed he told me they weren't available on their own.

Given that the Ford mid section included the sportcat and wasn't cheap, you might be as well to get a new Milltek system with your existing sport cat fitted to the front end. Given that PumaSpeed are only in Wakefield, you would probably be well advised to give Tony a call, if only for advice.

Well funny enough it was tony who inspected it and said it needed replacing and quoted a price , didnt mention any issues being able to get the part etc , then spoke to a friend who is great with cars and he said he would fit it me for nothing if i can get him the part , ...this is very confusing now lol laugh.gif

#8 User is offline   FlashBastd 

• Group: Validating

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

Interesting, well try to shop around a bit, even if it is only PumaSpeed and PumaBuild.

Beware of what either might charge for "fitting kits" the fire ring is a standard Bosal part, available from any exhaust place for a couple of quid, and aside from that, there isn't much to it.
2005 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
2000 Ford Focus 1.6i Ghia
2006 Renault Clio 2.0i RenaultSport 197 - SOLD
2005 Honda CR-V 2.0i Executive auto
2001 Ford Puma 1.7i Black

#9 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

You will have to reuse your existing fitting kit, brackets and spring bolts etc. So take them off with care even if you do buy a new O ring.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic