• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Anniversary Meeting "15 Years Ford Puma" From 13th - 15th of july 2012

#41 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Nearly ready :)
Sofa looking a heap piled up with stuff for the car, lol be only room for clean pants at this rate :rolleyes:
Got only a few panels left to wax, I did the bonnet and wings with Autobalm, and boy that was hard work so the rest will be the wax I usually use, good job as bought a 5 ltr tin years ago and still got over 3 left.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#42 User is offline   MikePass 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

I suspect that my puma will not be one of the best looking there. The bonnet has never been the same after its respray. And there a few other minor scrapes :-(

My breathalyzers are on order from amazon, 2 for £5.70 :-)
Puma Thunder, Magnum Grey, M1P GO. Pumapeople meet locations - <a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103028224371469335957.0004362fd44704516bd41&z=6&om=1" target="_blank">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&a...mp;z=6&om=1</a>

#43 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

I paid more or less that from my two from Halfords in case they do not arrive in time.
I expect after the drive my car will look a mess anyway, I just enjoy the prepartion :) there will be so many amazingly modded Pumas that a bit of dust, muck or paint debris wont show.
We are staying in a place very near by so not actually camping but have the small pop up tent in the car just incase, lol.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#44 User is offline   MikePass 

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

If the weather in Germany is the same as it is here right now I shall be sleeping in the Puma :-)
Puma Thunder, Magnum Grey, M1P GO. Pumapeople meet locations - <a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103028224371469335957.0004362fd44704516bd41&z=6&om=1" target="_blank">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&a...mp;z=6&om=1</a>

#45 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

With a week to go we can only hope that it improves :) best I add the large brolly to the pile too then just in case.

#46 User is offline   pumamartin 

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Superb that some off you are comming next week.
I was at the 2007 meet too and at Ford Fair 2007, Nice to see you (again).
Mike, You have bin to our EFPM in Valkenburg (NL) september 2007? didn't you?
Till now the weather is ok, hopefully it stay's like this.....

#47 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Looking at Yahoo weather, France and Belgium are fairing better but Germany is rain and rain and then rain :mellow: will check again for the 100th time later, lol it might have changed.

#48 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Rain! Dry all through to evening yesterday and today through to about 4:30, but the rain now is not likely to ease tomorrow through the day. For an unknown reason watched an Enzo get turned away at the Ring. Only seen a few Pumas so far, tomorrow should be great rain or no rain :-)

#49 User is offline   MikePass 

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'm hiding in the dutch Puma club gazebo at the campsite.

#50 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Not surprised :) with the rain. As we drive in where are you parked Mike and can I fit by you do you think please?

#51 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Or are you hiding proper ;)

#52 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

Great day yesterday :) wet but with dry patches later and the odd sun out too.

#53 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

Wellies are the footwear of choice lol

#54 User is offline   pumaharry 

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

It was nice to meet all off you, and the weather was englisch, rain rain and rain and luckley dry at the ring as we droven on it and it was a amazing sight that 106 puma's.You are always welcome to dry out at camp HollandPosted ImageVideo link

http://youtu.be/aJh7MYB-3E4

http://youtu.be/g_mAGBqj1S8

This post has been edited by pumaharry: 16 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

#55 User is offline   hot wheels 

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

I see my puma is on the video took it out on the ring on Sunday as well that was an interesting event cheers.

#56 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed the round trip, it did rain, boy it did rain, but we had a large brolly and walking boots, what more do you need.

First surprise was rolling up at the Tunnel ticket lane and being directly behind an FRP. What are the chances of that.
This one, 0423 who was off to Paris.
Posted Image
Driving through Belgium, this as taken half way down the hill.
Posted Image
The local weather was either raining, or low cloud. Occasionally the sun did break through to tease you to take your brolly down only to be dumped on several minutes later. Photos were taken in the dry patches so it looks sunnier then it really was, lol. The footwear of choice was wellies just like at a festival in typical British weather.
Posted Image
Found this sign (one of a few dotted about we passed).
Posted Image
Recognise this...
Posted Image
This was taken on the Friday, and yep a rare hour of sun.
Posted Image
Lost count of the number of times saw this car going out.
Posted Image
I suspect with the weather being so bad it was the reason that the Ring was much quieter then when I had previously been back in 2007. The Ring attendants are a lot more evident now, and they kick arse if they notice anything they do not approve of, be it a camera mounted, lol one motorbike had a cam on his lid sticking out about 6 inches, that sure was spotted. A car (ropey rat thing) tried to get through with a barrel tied onto the roof rack. Even the great... a Ferrari (according to Alan a F430 challenge stradale) got pounced on and turned away, could not work out why in this case. Also saw noise testing going on to and people trying to sell their lap tickets as they had been refused.
Friday night is pissed hard with rain.
The day of the meet started promising and on arrival at sign in received a goody bag.
Posted Image
This contained some sponsored gifts, info for the weekend and also the meet sticker for the event, I was numbered 81. Not yet stuck it on my car, though will be once I can work out how to get the previous one off intact to be able to relocate it.
Found where Mike was parked up, the Dutch club kindly shared their super gazebo tent so we had somewhere to sit/be when it was raining.
Parked next to Mike and rolled out the PP banner.
Posted Image
Later Barry arrived. Yey three of us.
Posted Image
Mud, did I mention the mud yet. Some places where worse then others due to some enthusiastic driving, lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
There were a lot of Pumas which was fab to see and plenty standard and even more had been modified from just wheels right up to serious amount of work.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Pumas from around the corner to as far a field as the one above, Moscow and even further there was one from Portugal though not got a picture specifically of that Puma.
There were lots of events planned for the weekend, but the weather scuppered a lot of them, there was going to be a tug or war, lol with the mud that might have been funny, and a quiz and other stuff. On registering we said which competitions we wanted to add our Puma too and consequently had voting paper to use, walked around and voted for Pumas we liked in the various categories, lol this was a dive out from under the gazebo to carry on with where one had got to.
Saturday late afternoon was the parade lap on the Ring, this was an amazing achievement I feel to have pulled off, 106 Pumas on a dedicated lap led and tailed by the Ring pace vehicle.
The queue out from the campsite stretched a long way!
Posted Image
Snaked around the field.
Posted Image
I took a video of this standing at one of the Ring viewing points, once crunched down I will share it.
Sunday was awarding for the various Puma competitions.
Each country voted for their best one and then there was a vote with our feet of the final Pumas lined up. The final choice was between these two.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The winner, FRP #0095 got an enormous trophy, it was about 14inches high, a real wow statement.
This one was for best UK Puma and is shared really with Barry.
Posted Image
Home time, taken on on the Monday about 60km away.
Posted Image
Did 882.6 miles and averaged 42.23 miles per gallon which I am very happy with. Spent £127 on fuel which for the vent and where we went I thought that was not too bad.
There are plenty more photos here.

Now considering about going to the next big meet that is in September.

#57 User is offline   Ian G 

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Looks excellent, shame that the rest of Europe is also suffering the same problems with a poor summer.

What is the September event?

#58 User is offline   d170sam 

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Looks like an amazing trip, I'm so gutted I couldn't go, what's the event in September?
to the steel workers of america: keep reaching for that rainbow!

#59 User is offline   pumaharry 

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

[quote what's the event in September?
[/quote]
I'm hopin that she meens this http://www.pumapeopl...howtopic=106892

#60 User is offline   TeddyBuquet 

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hello
I was at 15 years of the puma, I'm French.
Thank you to everyone who made ​​the trip to germany.
A great weekend with you and with all the other countries represented.

Cheers to 20 years

thank you

Bonjour
j'étais présent au 15 ans de la puma, je suis français.
Merci à tous ceux qui ont fait le déplacement en allemagne.
Un week end super en votre compagnie ainsi qu'avec tout les autres pays représenté.

A bientôt pour les 20 ans

merci

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic