Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Puma Black Project Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hardmonkeys 

• Group: Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hello all,
Finally got my little project, a 2001 1.7 Puma with 107k on the clock, she has no MOT OR TAX, it ran out of MOT on December 27th 2012!!! So hasn't been used for almost 18mths..god knows what I'm gonna find out Posted Image

Having a quick look around, it seems ok...but like I say who knows what's underneath. I have no idea where it's been stored for 18mth..I bought it off a guy who I think was gonna track race it, but decided against it...again. Not sure why. I'm gonna try book it in for MOT either this weekend or next, will report back with my findings...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My wife has a Melina Blue 1.7 too, on a 97 'R'
Posted Image

This post has been edited by hardmonkeys: 05 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

#2 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

Hello and welcome. Good luck with the MOT.
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Doesn't look too shabby and hope the tyres don't have too noticeable a flat spot.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   hardmonkeys 

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

Thanks,
Forgot to mention the ABS and TC lights are on, but when I got the car, the battery was flat, so maybe that's threw up a fault code, on the mot date I hopefully can be it above 13mph for it to do its self test and reset the lights...if not, it'll go on the to-do list. I need to get a OBD II diagnostic unit too...any good recommendations?
Warren

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

I use a blue tooth odb2 port adapter and torque an Android app and pair to phone. There is a thread about it.
You can get a simple reader for about £20.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   hardmonkeys 

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

Is that off ebay?? Will that show/reset abs and TC lights?

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

I have not used it in earnest but this is the thread of what I have.
http://www.pumapeopl...=1

Your car might have a faulty ABS sensor.

#8 User is offline   hardmonkeys 

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for your reply, I have found a system that works with the iPhone, so hopefully that'll work, if so I'll add the ebay item number.
Warren

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic