Pumapeople: Ford Puma 1.7 Red - Summer Project - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ford Puma 1.7 Red - Summer Project Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   KoNLaR 

• Group: Members

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

Hi, my name is Håkon and I'm a 18 year old guy from Norway. My dad bought me a Ford Puma 2 years ago which I used to practice drive with before getting my license in February :grin: After looking at all your incredible cars on here, I got inspired to try and fix mine up a little bit as well. So I will dedicate some time this summer to try and make it look a little bit better. Also fix some of those small issues it has. For sure a great first car and proud to have it, hopefully will be able to keep it for a good amount of time :grin:

Yesterday I washed it completely outside and inside. Today I used a paint cleaner and wax to make it shine a little bit more.

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Definitely made a huge difference and fixed those marks on the bonnet. Still a lot of marks from what I think is some paint (Had it from before purchase), brake dust and asphalt.

Some more pictures:
Posted Image

Missing the front lip so will be looking for a replacement.

Posted Image

Left taillight fogged up, most likely be buying a replacement if it cannot be fixed.

Posted Image

Rims looking good after a good cleanup. Rust around the arches and doors, so will be working on that as well.

Posted Image

A few things to fix/change here, but looks much cleaner than it did before :grin:

So my checklist as of now is:
Rust around the arches and doors.
Small leak from the driver door, rubber is not covering the gap fully.
Finding a new front lip
Seat covers
New floor mats
Key remote not working, need new batteries or receiver is busted.
New gear nob
Left taillight

And some changes I would like to add possibly is:
Front splitter
Paiting the Front Calibers red
Tinting the taillights
Rear spoiler
K&N 57i Airfilter kit
Ford ST Speed stripes and badges
Possibly new rims
Steering wheel cover
New speakers
And at last maybe a double rear end exhaust pipe.

Going to a few stores tomorrow to see what they have available and get a few tips. Update to follow! If you guys also have a few ideas and tips, feel free to post it! Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for reading!

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

What a fabulous car for a first car, you are very fortunate new driver with the Puma.
I would add a list of things to your items before your cosmetic changes, which in the UK could be insurance price increases and be very expensive on a young driver.

Maintenance. Make sure it is serviced, your fluids are recent brake and coolant (check the paper work), that the heater control value has been changed, your cambelt and associated bits have been changed at the right time, that the tyres are good, that the bushes are all good.
Perhaps you can check what has been done with any paper work received.

The rear light might have a hairline break in the rubber seal, some mastic would seal it again if you find a crack.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   KoNLaR 

• Group: Members

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

View Posthappy-kat, on 31 May 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

What a fabulous car for a first car, you are very fortunate new driver with the Puma.
I would add a list of things to your items before your cosmetic changes, which in the UK could be insurance price increases and be very expensive on a young driver.

Maintenance. Make sure it is serviced, your fluids are recent brake and coolant (check the paper work), that the heater control value has been changed, your cambelt and associated bits have been changed at the right time, that the tyres are good, that the bushes are all good.
Perhaps you can check what has been done with any paper work received.

The rear light might have a hairline break in the rubber seal, some mastic would seal it again if you find a crack.

It sure is, although my dad is paying for the insurance so don't have to worry about it being too expensive.

It had full service right after we got it and the heater control valve or I think the water pump had a failure around March which we sorted. Brakes were also swapped after purchase, cambelt was swapped and tyres are good. I think he got it off his co-worker who sold it for his daughter.

But thanks for the tips and hopefully the taillight is a quick and easy fix instead of having to pay for a replacement Posted Image

EDIT: Might add also that my dad works at a dealership and sells Fords! So even though we might not be able to do all the mechanical stuff, we're lucky to get some help. Also have a cousin who used to work a lot on cars and he just recently moved and got a garage. Will probably end up asking him at some point for some help :)

This post has been edited by KoNLaR: 31 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic