• Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:53 PM

Ha,ha,ha laugh.gif

However, at that time in morning will it still be dark? :wink:
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   101 

Posted 19 February 2003 - 10:33 PM

Last time I looked FrPs all over the show, I've registered twice so this third time isn't hurting me at all. It Will surprisingly be light for the time off day :wink:

:wink: :wink: :arrow:
Steve 'N' TB4
Chaos, panic, & disorder - My work here is done
HEAD ZINCHEAD OF THE YELLOW POSSE
Save A Tree, Eat Some Beaver
TWOFIVE weeks and counting TB4's semi retirement party is comingBLOODY FORD

#7 User is offline   carey 

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:40 AM

Oooh, count us in too laugh.gif
Ex mummy of Pedro - X27 KAT

#8 User is offline   MY02 PMA 

Posted 20 February 2003 - 11:14 AM

It's in my diary, sounds a good way of spending a Saturday afternoon.

#9 User is offline   Tim 

Posted 02 March 2003 - 06:58 PM

See you there. biggrin.gif
Tim & Jackie
J8 UMA

#10 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:42 PM

In response to my sleep habits, rest assured, I WILL be there on time (and hopfully before you lot :wink: )

Jason, is it possible to figure out a way of finding out how many people are wanting to attend easily? and possible contact details?

Details will probably be given out on the day but the general gist will consist of heading to a pub for lunch after a quick nip down the road, then heading off for a few good roads in and around the new forest and then departing home. If I get 5 mins before I go away (and if I come back again) I'll post up route details.

Just to give you all fair warning....I might not be able to attend this meet but Chris will run it if work tie my hands. Will let you all know on Monday!

Ta
If your crafty and you know it

#11 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:27 PM

somebody will Need to sort the pub out. otherwise there will be a lot of peeps with out food.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#12 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:23 PM

Already done it Kate,

Popped round to it during lunch today...well if 5 mins break is lunch!?!

To aid the parking situation, we can all park in my works car park. VERY big and we should get some nice pics as its maintained by Haskins (garden centre). Would be good to see some of my work mates druelling over them as well.

As for the roads.....stay tuned.....will be having fun Sat night after work! laugh.gif

#13 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:21 PM

Yep, I'm more than happy to look after the meet if Phil's stuck at work. I spoke with him last week and I'm sure that it will be an excellent event whoever organises it on the day. tongue.gif
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 10 March 2003 - 11:06 PM

Well,

As far as I can tell, I'll be there and at the front of the show laugh.gif

As it stands, they have rented me a flat in Wimbledon for 2 months and I can't put a foot wrong at the moment :wink:

I hold all the chips and can cash them in when I need something! First on the agenda is obviously a salary hike.....followed by a monthly bonus for every month I'm stuck there.....but enough about that.....on to the meet details.

I tested out a route on Saturday night and was pretty good. Alot of country roads which sweep round quiet nicely. I got a little carried away at one point and had a full lock correction mid corner as the road was a wee bit slipper then I thought :shock: Was ok though....no damage done :?

Will figure out just how long it is.....

Two things.....can I make the meet up time 12 This means after we are all gathered, we can go straight to the pub as theres naff all to do otherwise.

Secondly, how long would people like to drive for? Obviously weather conditions are a key factor and mobile chicanes another, but roughly.

Ta :roll: [/i]

#15 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 10 March 2003 - 11:09 PM

ja_stupid.gif guess it already was set for 12 :sorry:

Must be going MAD :help:

Cheer 10.gif

#16 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 March 2003 - 09:36 AM

I tested out a route on Saturday night and was pretty good. Alot of country roads which sweep round quiet nicely. I got a little carried away at one point and had a full lock correction mid corner as the road was a wee bit slipper then I thought :shock: Was ok though....no damage done :?  

Phil, was this necessary? Given that we have had one (possibly) written off FRP and an extremly shaken up Colin, and several shunts on Chris's first meet. (I hasten to add that I'm not taking a pot shot at those incidents).

As the planner of a meet, you should be inspiring people with information the the route is driveable, not that the convoy commander narrowly missed broadsiding potential oncoming traffic.

Not having a go :-)

Ta

#17 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:34 PM

Sorry Phil, but I've got to side with Matt on this one. :?

I personally felt that some of the roads used during the last Oxford-Southampton Meet were not suitable. I would hope that the route planned for the Hampshire Meet is of a much better quality. sad.gif

When planning my Sussex meets, I always try to select roads which:

a) Are fun and relatively traffic free.

cool.gif Can cope with with a convoy of 15+ Puma's without causing problems for other road users.

c) Include sights of interest and beauty.

d) Are safe for PP and their cars.

As Matt said, the first East Sussex Coast Run was sadly marred by two serious accidents. In both cases, a third party caused, or greatly contributed to both incidents. It was because I spent so much time and effort trying to devise a entertaining and safe meet, that I was particularly disturbed by these accidents. Since then I have organised many meets that have passed without incident. However, I'm not proud of the fact that I'm the only Meet Organiser who's had visit two PP in Hospitial after a meet. sad.gif
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:40 PM

Two things.....can I make the meet up time 12 This means after we are all gathered, we can go straight to the pub as theres naff all to do otherwise.
Secondly, how long would people like to drive for? Obviously weather conditions are a key factor and mobile chicanes another, but roughly.
Ta :roll: [/i]

for those who have not been before, meets are to meet other like minded Puma peeps smile.gif don't worry overly about being early, peeps turn up and chat about their cars, lift bonnets, share problems etc. before going to the pub. (sods law says no one turns up a bit earlier for this one. :roll:
If you don't like to drive, then no worries, just come to the pub and miss the drive out. Just do what u feel comfortable with.
The idea generally is maps get handed out so if there is a drive, don't worry if u loose the group, u can meet up later at the stopping point etc.
If u do drive in a convoy, be extra aware of other road users, don't bust a gut to stay in a group, Mr Plod may frown rather loudly etc. (I can't recall road rules re groups of cars etc.)
Meets r gr8 fun laugh.gif just take it easy and be safe
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#19 User is offline   MY02 PMA 

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:42 PM

To change the subject entirely and therefore stop me worrying that I will be taking my life in my hands my attending the next meet, could you tell me whether Rownhams (?) services are on the East or Westbound carriageway? If they are on the Eastbound, which junction will I need to drive to on the Westbound to turn round and come back on myself? - if you follow?
Mark Lockwood

'Once a Puma owner, always a Puma lover'

user posted image

#20 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

previously we have all met on the East bound services. Just go a junction on and turn round. Not far IIRC.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic