Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Condensation From Air Con

#1 User is offline   PumaGal60 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

Hi Guys,

Got my lovely Puma back after rear wheel arch rust removal and paint job, looks really good now...will put some pics up shortly.

I have an old issue back with the Air Con. The Air Con itself is fine and working and worth its weight in gold in this hot weather, but I have an issue whereby I get condensation water dripping into the passenger foot well. Has anybody experienced this before?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:19 PM

Two problems here.

There is a drain on the bottom of the heater box which is designed to exhaust excess water through the floor of the car, if this is blocked then it will end up inside as you describe. Fiddly job under the ash tray under the carpet.

Second job is where this water is coming from - air con itself does not create moisture in the car but merely supplies the conditions under which moisture will condense on the evaporator (the part inside the car) as that is the coldest part of the car when AC is running. ie. you must have moisture in the car to start with and the AC is just collecting it for you.

I would recommend as well as checking the drain pipe that you dehumidify the car, otherwise you are giving the evaporator and drain system lots more moisture that it ideally wants to handle, hence seeing it in the cabin.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic