Pumapeople: Puma Wont Start - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Puma Wont Start Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mark1967 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

hi guys new on here and first post and I need help with my daughters car last week we had continues rain and she had to drive through a deep pool of water which has soaked all the floor inside the car and the water went over the top of her bonnet

now the car wont start I have checked all the fuses and relays all seem fine the only other thing I can think of is has it affected the ecu if so can I just replace this or is there more to it than that

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:32 PM

Welcome
The ECU could have got flooded. Is the car still drying out?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   mark1967 

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:35 PM

hi happy kat yes the car is still drying out but it started up the next day with out a problem apart from having the pretensioner lights on if the ecu is scrap is it just a case of swaping it for a new one or is there more to it

#4 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

ECU can be swapped so long as you also get the transponder for the key.

You should also aim to get the same version of ECU of which there are four.

Also probably worth some further diagnosis as there are also sensor inputs which will prohibit starting, depending what you have in terms of dash lights, response to the key etc.

#5 User is offline   mark1967 

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:35 AM

hi ian

when I turn the key I can hear clicking of a relays I can here the fuel pump come in the only new light I have on since going through the water is the pretensioner light all other lights are has normal

This post has been edited by mark1967: 21 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic