• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Longer To Be With Ford

#1 User is offline   peterbt 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

To those of you who I have spoken too in the past 5 years about anything FRP related, and to those whom I have not met but have helped in the past PLEASE NOTE.

As of the 31st of December Ford cutbacks have meant that my services to the Racing Puma Program will no longer be required. This means that Ford will not have an expert to hand to answer your questions directly or via your dealers. Please be aware that this may mean that you get a lot of incorrect answers to questions and your cars may be in the dealership a lot longer because the wrong parts are ordered. Please also note that there will be no one to ensure that your cars remain exclusive. This task has been driven by myself alone with much opposition from areas within Ford since Boreham closed.

May I thank you all for your support and frienship over the years, I will still be around with perhaps a little more freedom to pass comment from 1st Jan onwards.

Peter Beattie
Ex Racing Puma Project Leader
Peter Beattie
BR Racing Ltd
The Rally Academy
07850 329192

#2 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:32 PM

sorry to hear that mate. not had dealings with you myself but i know your a well respected man around here.

thats just put a downer on me buying an frp huh.gif
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#3 User is offline   beyreal 

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

Sorry to hear that, that is a shame for all Ford Racing Puma owners but I hope u will continue to be around in a non-official role or something.

Good luck in whatever you are doing next year good.gif
<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><u><b>Richard</b></u>
Ex Ford Racing Puma #271
Honda Civic 1.8 SE I-VTEC <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#4 User is offline   Martin 

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

I can’t help but feel saddened…

It was a pleasure to meet you at Dunton, I thank you for all the help and assistance you have given #94….

P.S. she’s still a mover and now a shaker laugh.gif good luck in the future Peter biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   PG12 

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

So, you won't need VIN and manifold numbers to order 909 parts anymore?
RPJ DAMPENERS - POWERFLEX ALLROUND - JANSPEED SS SYSTEM - SOLD - probably in bits now...

#6 User is offline   beyreal 

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm i hope there is something in place to stop anyone apart from FRP owners from getting FRP parts now

This post has been edited by beyreal: 19 December 2005 - 07:57 PM

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><u><b>Richard</b></u>
Ex Ford Racing Puma #271

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:57 PM

Peter please don't answer PG12 question wink.gif

sorry to read this, and thank you for all your support in the past and all the best for your future ventures biggrin.gif keep in touch

Kate
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#8 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:25 PM

Hi Peter

Good luck to the future...question is, will you buy yourself an FRP?
Hope you'll stay in touch with FRP owners (and ex-owners), your input is always welcomed smile.gif

Regards,
Colin.

This post has been edited by BOK: 19 December 2005 - 08:27 PM

#9 User is offline   pumarv6 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:55 AM

Peter,

Sad to hear you are leaving the program, but I wish you all the very best with your future projects.

For your commitment to the FRP and it's customers, and providing service beyond the job description - Thank you smile.gif

As Colin has said, hopefully we will still see you around at some FRP events, as they will always be "your cars". wink.gif

#10 User is offline   darrens 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:04 AM

Morning Pete,

Sorry to hear the last man standing is now no more, that is the final end of the era.

Let me know what you plan to get up to, there is projects on up here if you fancy a spell in the lakes.

The FRP and Boreham will live on.

Darren

Fiesta S1600
M-Sport

#11 User is offline   jillypuma 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:07 PM

Sorry to hear the news Peter - although like you say you may then be able to speak with a little more freedom of speech which can only be a good thing.

What will happen to #62's CV joint that sat under your desk for so long when you go - will someone inherit it!?!

Good luck and success in your next venture whatever that may be.

Jilly
jillypuma & Basil the Boxster - J111 KAT, and Beryl the Bedford CF250 - wave if ya c me.

www.nessr.net (Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue)

#12 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:35 PM

Obviously, as with everyone else, I'm gutted to hear the news. sad.gif Over the years, you have been a massive help with both my own, and many customer's FRPs. It was a pleasure to deal with you as, I cannot think of another employee of Ford Motor Company that was so focused on resolving concerns so actively, whilst ensuring the customer was kept completely satisfied. smile.gif

Looking back, it is easy to be critical of certain area's of the FRP program, but it remains without doubt that Peter was the best thing to come out of it. Plainly, without his vision, the vehicle would never have made it onto the road. wink.gif

I am certain that Ford is now all the poorer for having decided not to retain your services. Any company would certainly benefit from your drive and enthusiasm in seeing a project through, so I'm at a loss why Ford couldn’t turn your talents to something else within the company. mad.gif

I'm genuinely distressed that this situation has arisen, and I would like to take this chance to publicly thank Peter for all this assistance over the last 6 years and wish him well in the future. smile.gif
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (R5CPD @ Dec 20 2005, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking back, it is easy to be critical of certain area's of the FRP program, but it remains without doubt that Peter was the best thing to come out of it. Plainly, without his vision, the vehicle would never have made it onto the road. wink.gif

Quite right, some may moan about the FRP but they'd moan even more if Ford never built it in the first place (Fiesta/new Focus RS anyone?). It's not perfect but it exists and the car world would be a little bit duller without it.

Familiarity breeds contempt for too many people rolleyes.gif

#14 User is offline   Raif 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

A sad day indeed and one which may cast a new light on my FRP owning aspirations. Since joining Pumapeople I've only been to one meet and that was Dunton. Must admit I was impressed by Peter's enthusiasm, commitment and the level of personal involvment he had with the owners, so much so that I emailed him to say just that and to thank him for the presentation. Good luck Peter.

BTW, did anything ever come of the Dunton DVD/CD?..
Punish Your Machine
Not living in the past or anything but that Avatar is me in the summer of '92. Them were the days.....

#15 User is offline   muppet 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (peterbt @ Dec 19 2005, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To those of you who I have spoken too in the past 5 years about anything FRP related, and to those whom I have not met but have helped in the past PLEASE NOTE.

As of the 31st of December Ford cutbacks have meant that my services to the Racing Puma Program will no longer be required. This means that Ford will not have an expert to hand to answer your questions directly or via your dealers. Please be aware that this may mean that you get a lot of incorrect answers to questions and your cars may be in the dealership a lot longer because the wrong parts are ordered. Please also note that there will be no one to ensure that your cars remain exclusive. This task has been driven by myself alone with much opposition from areas within Ford since Boreham closed.

May I thank you all for your support and frienship over the years, I will still be around with perhaps a little more freedom to pass comment from 1st Jan onwards.

Peter Beattie
Ex Racing Puma Project Leader

Disgusting, Ford should know better.

Is there no room for the likes of Pumaspeed et al sending information sheets to each and every Ford dealer informing them of the car, the differences, the specialities, etc in the vain hope that FRP owners aren't shafted??

#16 User is offline   vaspetrol 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:24 PM

Sad to hear the news that you're not going to be with Ford. It certainly is the end of an era.
Thank you for putting on the Dunton meet, and for all your info regarding #385, you can rest assured that my car will stay as you intended. smile.gif

I know I , and most FRP owners have learnt a lot from you, your knowledge will be missed.

All the best
smile.gif
Vas
FRP #385 / FORD FIESTA ZETEC-S
Looked after by GK!!-In GK Ford I trust
BRAKES LOOKED AFTER BY DR.ALCON @ ELDUDE-BUILD!

PERFORMANCE FORD SHOW 2006-BEST PUMA WINNER
FORD FAIR CONCOURS CLASS WINNER 2006
WONDERLAND SPORTSCAR SHOW 2007-CONCOURS 2ND PLACE
BEST PARADE LAP FRP WINNER-CASTLE COMBE 2007
PUMAPEOPLE CALENDAR CAR 2009

Racing Puma Owners Club Membership Administrator

#17 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:51 PM

Sorry to hear of your parting company with FORD... maybe and hopefully this will lead to greater things for yourself.... new ideas and projects ... smile.gif smile.gif

I feel very privaliged to have been down to Boreham and got an insight from yourself to the history of Boreham and the projects and good work to have come out of there... I will never forget that scorching hot day and nearly passing out in that boardroom.. blink.gif to also see that test car in Melina blue looking a bit worse for wears.. he he P16 something was it......

Will never forget it... thanks very much again Peter.....

I am glad you will around on PumaPeople more now.... Excellent!....

10.gif 10.gif

Chris
FRP453
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#18 User is offline   peterbt 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:13 PM

Dear All

I am running the Rally Academy with the RST and other tin tops. Including the 2 original Racing Puma's. Open for fun and frolics for all.

Chris, if you read this please call me about the 15th Jan. I am up for that.

I intend keeping in touch as much as I can, perhaps even more so! I have plans to do a 'Racing Puma 3' meeting sometime in the new year. with some of the bits I was never able to tell whilst in the employ of Henry. But lets be very clear, I have not left Ford. I have been asked by Ford to go!

Merry Xmas to you all.
Peter Beattie
BR Racing Ltd
The Rally Academy
07850 329192

#19 User is offline   beyreal 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:15 PM

Racing Puma Meeting 3 sounds great good.gif
Ex Ford Racing Puma #271

#20 User is offline   peterbt 

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:21 PM

Ohh before I forget.

My understanding of the Daventry system will mean that once certain parts are gone they are gone, so they might never be replaced. Another problem is that the number of items sold for a certain part may mean that the numbers are not worth Daventry keeping the part in stock any more so it could become obsolete, then scrapped.

This may mean that in time the available parts slowly deminish until there is nothing. The reorder process also cannot handle non standard purchase routes. This will mean that the parts currently used in the service arena, ie discs and pads etc, will be out of stock for long periods due to the inability of Daventry to reorder in the normal laid down way.

Up to now I have policed all this to ensure that the problems are kept to a minimum, alas no one seems to have thought of all these problems coming up in the new year.

Peter
Peter Beattie
BR Racing Ltd
The Rally Academy
07850 329192

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic