Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I Need Help Installing My Radio

#1 User is offline   filipe1990 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hello,

I've searched (and not only on this forum) but I can't find the solution for my specific problem.

I've got my first ford puma, however, the place where the radio should be looks like this:
Posted Image

I can't figure out what cable does what, I can't find a diagram for the cables and colors of a ford puma anywhere, some users on this forum suggested to buy some ISO Wiring Harness connector, but if you look at the picture, there's no place to conect such cable. And there's no manual for this on my car either

I would really appreciate any help because I'm trying to find any answer for this without luck...
By the way, I have a Ford Puma 1.7 16V

Thanks in advance!
Filipe

#2 User is offline   Dogsbody 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

All those cables should be in two plastic plugs, which fit in the back of the Ford Radio units. The ISO adaptor leads will convert the ford plugs to whatever brand of radio (Kenwood etc) you buy

Posted Image
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Cfnteabag 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

If you go to a motor factors or the bright orange shop, you can buy a set of plugs, I believe they are called DIN plugs that is te universal connection to most aftermarket stereos. If you buy a set with the DIN plugins end and bare wire the other end you can use the wiring diagram in the previous post to connect it up, the person selling should be able to help but from memory it is
Yellow-battery 12v
Red-ignition 12v
Black-ground

The other plug is the speaker connections and has grey and purple wires, I can't remember off the top of my head what they connect to but googling stereo wiring should provide you with the answer

In my opinion you would be better off wiring in a din adaptor than wiring straight to a new stereo as this would allow you to change it at a later date.

Obviously you will also require a fascia adaptor but this will be available from the same place as the wiring

Hope this makes sense

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic