Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Lease Of Life And Yellow Wheels!

#1 User is offline   outhouse 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

Hi All
Just got my FRP back from the body shop and I now find I just want to drive all the time. Even woke up thinking about it!

The body work was OK and there is a movement that says classics should be on original paint but although mine was OK the patina of 15 years use was making it look shabby and the rust was definitely not characterful, it was just rust! As said most of the body was just road rash and scratches but the rear wheel arches were bubbling away nicely.

Made a number of visits back to the shop and although the wings were salvageable new sections had to be made and filleted in - namely around the arch lip and where the lower edge meets the sill and floor pan - talking passing resemblance to a cheese grater here!

I had powder coated the wheels satin black some time ago but thought they'd let the side down if not refreshed, so I took the plunge and even went for a third change of colour - Highland Yellow (Prismatic colour chart), eeekk!! (Had thought of burnt orange as Porsche GT3 or maybe crimson.) And finally topped it off with a new splitter, courtesy of Pumabuild. Roof OK so only machine polished.

Took three weeks but picked it up on Tuesday and wowww! The body is the best it's ever been - paint better than factory and those wheels really pop. Parked it outside my office and staff started taking pictures! Not cheap at £2500 all in but well worth it, it has given it a new lease of life, pity the summer hasn't started yet I just want to drive, drive, drive.

Posted Image
John
FRP #391

#2 User is online   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:40 PM

You can't post that with no picture :)
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   outhouse 

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

To be honest I have a pic and really wanted to post it, but I've looked into it before and still don't understand how to.

I don't have any access to on-line galleries etc.

If anyone has got any suggestions I'll give it another go.
John
FRP #391

#4 User is offline   outhouse 

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:59 PM

What a week!!

Yellow wheels and I've posted in the car gallery.

Can't get the image in topic but hey ho!

http://www.pumapeopl...image&img=27317
John
FRP #391

#5 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

updated..

;)
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1