Pumapeople: Frp 215 - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp 215 Passed MOT

#1 User is offline   BPR 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

Hi, 215 passed her MOT yesterday, but not without some considerable money being spent on a new Exhaust, both the middle and back box had developed huge holes, one in each Duh!!!!, and on the day of the MOT she decided for the first time in a year to do her " I'm going to Idle at 1200 rpm and hold my revs up game!!" LOL.

Some quick spanner work to unplug the battery for 15 mins and the Idle problem went away (for the minute) and as I have a full set of ICV and Throttle position sensors already I decided to add a HEGO/Lambda sensor to my collection of spares to try if/ and when it happens again........ I comfort myself with the thought that these things will only get more expensive as the years go by, so I may as well get them now!!

Other than that 215 has continued to be great fun, and the new exhaust is just that little bit louder, which pleased my wife no end!! (she really loves the exhaust note)

I guess at some point soon the tyres will have to be replaced, the Pirellis' have been brilliant so far, but at some point old age will catch up with us all, I am keeping an eye on the site to see what people like best now

The test center let me have a good look underneath and were once again happy to declare 215 was still a"Good little Car" Happiness all round
Posted Image
PS If you are about ELDude its probably time to cast your magic on the Alcons again, they have new disks and pads and need your skills to quiet the squeaks

This post has been edited by BPR: 27 February 2016 - 06:40 AM

#2 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:10 AM

Great news on the MOT pass - not so good on the niggles.
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:37 AM

Mine once in a while does the sticky revs it is very infrequent. Hego has no bearing on this but I too have a spare as they only last so long about 6 years I find.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic