Pumapeople: Early Puma Rear Disc Conversion. - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Early Puma Rear Disc Conversion. I am sure it doesnt have ABS

#1 User is offline   jonrms 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

I am interested in a rear disc conversion for my puma and possibly a Master cylinder conversion for better breaking. I have room to fit larger discs on the front... but I am worried about how to best fit a rear disc conversion. I don't want to use wheel extenders or anything like that. Eventually over time (possibly not on this car) I plan on doing one up so it looks like a puma but has a far larger engine in it. And use it for drag racing. So it will be rear or 4 wheel drive... I know that sounds like a big project but if you start from scratch you don't have to worry about your daily car. So rear disc conversion. Mine is only a 1.4 98 model and I am sure there is no ABS on it. Although I wont bet my life on it. Do I steal it from a donor car, or is there a full on kit. Also whats the best larger discs to buy.
Always finding the brighter side of life, its easy to complain but not many give out complements.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:01 PM

Early 1.4 did not have abs, later during production for the uk it became standard on the 1.4.
The wiki has a couple brake articles which will probably answer your questions.
There is no off the shelf kit for rear brake conversion.

You might like this thread.
http://www.pumapeopl...=1
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   jonrms 

• Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:24 PM

View Posthappy-kat, on 16 December 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Early 1.4 did not have abs, later during production for the uk it became standard on the 1.4.
The wiki has a couple brake articles which will probably answer your questions.
There is no off the shelf kit for rear brake conversion.

You might like this thread.
http://www.pumapeopl...=1

sorry its taken a bit to reply... Thank you for that.... It is helpful.... I have GS Motorsport taking on my project, they are starting off with the essentials.... IE finding why water keeps getting in the 2 front footwells. ( a lot of water) and then will sort out the door ajar light and one of my bodge jobs that I know is only temporary. They will then move onto the brakes and then power ... Somewhere in between the brakes and power will also be the suspension and anti roll bars and strut braces.

I cant wait... Even if I need to put a large engine in...... I want to be able to get this car to drive as fast as my Volvo S40 R design.... and stop just as well... But be able to have a ton of fun. Ok it has not traction control but I want to feel that gokart experience and old time fun. But be Road Legal! Well I will keep you updated I promise guys... and again Happy Kat.. Thank you for the information.

Always finding the brighter side of life, its easy to complain but not many give out complements.

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

There is a good article on lots of known water ingress points again in the wiki.
I'll get the link.
http://www.pumapeopl...ater_Everywhere
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic