Pumapeople: Did All Puma's Have Central Locking? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Did All Puma's Have Central Locking? New Puma acquired

#1 User is offline   ally frp364 

• Group: Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

As title I have acquired a new Puma which came with the old 2 button style remote. I assume the car had central locking but the 2 button remote was in pieces when I got lol. So am unsure if it has it or even works...........

I took variest pieces of loom ecu and transponder out of it to get a mk4 Fiesta project of mine finished. My Project was a mk4 1996 fiesta SI which does not come with central locking and wondered if I can just swap all the stuff over?

Would I just need door wiring and possibly internal dash loom and maybe locks?

Is the two button fobs specific to the car? As I would like to get the newer traditional 3button remotes so I could work the tailgate release too.

Cheers

Ally

This post has been edited by ally frp364: 11 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

#2 User is offline   AndyReact 

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

If you have a black plastic "blob" up near the rear view mirror, you have IR remote locking - you can't use a 3 button fob as they are RF not IR!

#3 User is offline   CartMan 

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

I do recal all of them have central locking, but not alle are remote :) there are 2 kinds of remote, ir 2 button and rf 3 button, earlyer cars have the 2 button ir, it has as andy says a black blob hanging from the coupe lght. the rf 3 button I am not shure how to tel..... :)
1998 Puma 1.7 Replica FRP. innlet nr 138
Projekt tread http://www.pumapeopl...pic=104790&st=0

Time, is the fire in which we burn

#4 User is offline   ally frp364 

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

It had the 2 button remote but as I have said was given to me in pieces and the previous owner just used the key to open and lock car. Just think it would be a worth while addition to my Fiesta.

Does anyone know how the Rf system works. Maybe built into ecu or possibly has a separate Rf receiver unit?

Many thanks in advance.

Ally

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Receiver unit is located by the interior light console I think.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   ally frp364 

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Posthappy-kat, on 11 April 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Receiver unit is located by the interior light console I think.

Sorry can I confirm that you are talking about the rf 3 button remotes and not the 2 button ir remotes as you say seem to be in the same location then?

Cheers

Ally

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

I meant for the 2 button one but not seen it to know for sure.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#8 User is offline   baxxter 

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'll add a picture of the receiver on the interior light unit with the black dome removed. Top of the picture is the windshield, just for reference.
Posted Image

Oh, and the 3-button remotes do not need that separate receiver as the antenna ist integrated on the circuit board of the GEM (General Electronics Module) which does all the magic with the central locking and remote besides some other stuff. The 2-button remotes have a separate central locking module behind the carpet of the passenger side footwell.
Baxx & Red Puma 1.7

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic