Pumapeople: Ford Puma Cambelts - Replacement and Warranty Information!! - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ford Puma Cambelts - Replacement and Warranty Information!!

#1 User is offline   R5CPD 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

Cambelt Change Intervals.

Puma 1.4i - 100,000 Miles or 10 Years, whichever occurs first.

Puma 1.6i - 100,000 Miles or 10 Years, whichever occurs first.

Puma 1.7i VCT - 80,000 Miles or 5 Years, whichever occurs first.

Racing Puma 1.7i - 80,000 Miles or 5 Years, whichever occurs first.

These quoted intervals are the maximum time / mileage change intervals. It is therefore sensible to replace both the belt and tensioner (sold as a kit from Ford) well before this time.

ATTENTION: 1.7i VCT / FRP - The previous cambelt change interval quoted within the vehicle's Ford Owners Handbook should be now disregarded!

Cambelt Warranty Coverage.

Original Cambelt.
The vehicle's original cambelt is covered during the New Vehicle / No Fee 2nd + 3rd year Warranty Period (3yrs or 60k miles for vehicles after Sept 2000) or until the next scheduled cambelt change mileage. Whichever occurs first.

Replacement Cambelt.
For vehicles which have had their cambelts replaced with a Ford Cambelt Kit, the cover is 12 months or until the next scheduled cambelt change mileage. Whichever occurs first.

In either case, if the cambelt was to fail outside the vehicle or part's warranty period, the Ford Customer Relationship Centre would decide upon the level of Goodwill assistance that would be offered towards the cost of the repair. This is done on a case-by-case basis and includes the consideration of many factors including: the nature / cost of the repair, the vehicle's total mileage, service history, vehicle / part purchase date and mileage, etc.

In situations such as this, Ford CRC will always attempt to offer the largest amount of Goodwill assistance possible, as it is in their best interests that you remain a loyal Ford customer.

How worried should I be about my Puma's cambelt?

The Zetec-SE engine used in the Puma is a very reliable unit and cambelt failures are very rare. As long as the cambelt and tensioners are replaced within the recomend intervals, then you should not encounter any real problems. For the Racing Puma (and other Puma's used for trackdays, etc) it might prove sensible to replace the cambelt well before the recomended interval.

All interval information within this post Ref: Ford Motor Company eTIS November 2004.

NO WARRANTY FOR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THIS WEBSITE CAN BE IMPLIED, ALL INFORMATION IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH, ERRORS AND OMISSIONS EXEMPT

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked