Pumapeople: CD Changer Fitted Professionally - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CD Changer Fitted Professionally

#1 User is offline   Edward 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 May 2003 - 06:27 PM

If you can get 6006 unit as recommeded just now, I would not consider any other type of changer.

Why?

You can change 6 CDs from the front of the unit, it looks right, it is actually easy to use (no tooth pick required to press the buttons) and finally IMHO it sounds fanastic -- very clear, clean, transparent sound -- I've never had to move the bass or treble off zero -- it is set up perfectly (for me anyway).

#2 User is offline   Mediaman 

Posted 27 May 2003 - 09:51 PM

I had a Multiplay CD fitted professionally, and thay made a complete hash of it.
They decided the best position in the boot was about 3 inches from the left hand side (ooh look it's almost in the middle of the boot space, no chance of damage there then), they also screwed the brackets on through the boot carpet. Which meant that it was impossible to get at the spare wheel. Useless!
I made a MDF mounting board and fastened it to the back of the rear seat, a propper job.

#3 User is offline   daglesj 

Posted 28 May 2003 - 07:35 AM

I have a Sony Minidisc changer fitted in the glovebox. I had it proffesionally done. Wanted it in the glovebox so I didnt have to have long interconnects from the changer to the headunit. A 1m pair does the job nicely rather than some great big signal sapping 5m job.

#4 User is offline   mduffin 

Posted 28 May 2003 - 07:43 AM

Hi Alan,
Could you give me some details on these please? ie do these replace the existing radio etc? or is it a seperate unit? have you got some details you could forward on to me regarding this unit prices etc.

Thanks

Mick

mick@mduffin.freeserve.co.uk

#5 User is offline   hodude 

Posted 28 May 2003 - 08:52 AM

I have a alpine 6disk changer in my glovebox which fits nice and flush, and its alot more convenient than opening the boot all the time.

I had it fitted along with a head unit for £50, and they've done a great job, everything looks nice and neat!

#6 User is offline   ChubbyP 

Posted 28 May 2003 - 09:39 AM

Cheers for the help. Got a few more questions now.

How much does the 6006e cost? I've searched google and all I can find is ebay auctions. Also, does it only come in black? I like my silver headunit. Ignore that. Just saw Alan Farmers post above.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic