Pumapeople: Installing Hands Free - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installing Hands Free

#1 User is offline   Ian S 

• Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2003 - 01:02 PM

The correct tool will probably look like a couple of U shaped pieces of thin rod which fit into the holes either side of the CD unit. These depress metal catches & its just a matter of tugging the whole thing out.

I didn't have these and used a combination of bar-b-q skewers & drill bits to do the same job. The Radio/CD did need a good heave though laugh.gif

Ian

#2 User is offline   Mediaman 

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:43 PM

Go to your local Ford Dealer and buy some (explain you want the 'forks' to remove radio), they are less than a Pound each (about 45p if I remember) a lot less than Halfords who sell a set for about £9 :shock:. At this sort of money it's not worth possibly butchering the front of the head unit, with some sort of random 'pointy thing'.

#3 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 29 March 2003 - 11:58 PM

I've been wanting to do this for a while so if you are sucessful in your installation, is it possible that you could post pics and a how to guide on the forum? Are you going to fit a cradle too (for charging?)

Ta
If your crafty and you know it

#4 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 March 2003 - 03:30 PM

Have had handsfree in Tiggr for 3 years now, makes a world of difference.

IIRC pin 4 on the back will mute the stereo on a call coming in, and display "phone" on the lcd.

Good luck.

Ta

#5 User is offline   gutted 

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:46 AM

IIRC pin 4 on the back will mute the stereo on a call coming in, and display "phone" on the lcd.

Really? That is *cool* :mrgreen: Are you talking about the 6006E...? That's got to be far nicer than using headphones connected to the phone smile.gif

Do you use a cradle, too? If so - where did you attach it...?

#6 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:52 AM

6000 series

Bugger, I had loads of pix on the old yahoo regarding this. I wont be able to post them till Sunday night, but will be at Essex meet tomorrow if you are going.

Just remembered,

Craddle visible on

http://www.pumapeople.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=121

Phone speaker on

http://www.pumapeople.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=119

Guy from orange who fitted it said not to use the stereo speakers as it can cause feedback problems. The mic is by courtesy lamp

Ta

#7 User is offline   gutted 

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:17 AM

Nice one - thanks! Looks pretty cool smile.gif

(It might sound like a dumb question - if so, sorry - but does the 6000 series include the 6006?)

Cheers!

Dan.

#8 User is offline   samsara 

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:17 AM

Matt,

Sorry nothing to do with the handsfree install but what is that thing to the left of your Steering wheel ? Is it a cupholder and if so where did you get it ...its the one thing I miss in my Puma is somewhere to put a drink without spilling it all over the lovely blue suede in my FRP .

Cheers

Samsara
FRP 338

#9 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, cup holder.

Came from Halford, cost around 8 quid. Dont use the clips that come with it, cos they bounce off on a pothole and the holder falls off. Not good news if coffee cup in there.

Mine held on with cable ties.

Ta

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic