Pumapeople: May 26th - BTCC - Thruxton. - Pumapeople

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

May 26th - BTCC - Thruxton.

#41 User is offline   kevin ritson 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:24 PM

Glad you posted that pic of Neal's move on his former team-mate, being round at Paddock Hill and not being able to see the giant screen (I valued camera shots over TV!), I didn't get to see the famous lunge, however, I did mention to my mate that Neal was too far back when they went into Paddock on the final lap!

Jimmy T's move on Turkington's MG was pretty outrageous too, I was standing behind what seemed to be the MG supporters club and when Thommo went round on the next lap they seemed to be telling him that he was in first place laugh.gif , at least I think that's what they meant.

Good to see the BTCC boys showing the Yanks how to race, although the Champ Car race was a fine spectacle and they certainly know how to entertain the crowd, although I'm not sure about prayers before the race (hallelujah!)

Best of all, they seem to have found a way of getting cars out of the car park!!! Anyone who's ever been to a BTCC race at Brands knows how bad their idea of traffic management, especially since my first trip to Thruxton last year amazed me when I found myself on the road less than 10 mins after getting in the car and you'd think that a smaller circuit would struggle!

#42 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:38 PM

Right then, less than two weeks to go until the Thruxton Meet! biggrin.gif I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait!! tongue.gif

In order in ensure that things go smoothly on the day, I need some information from you all. :wink:

Can you please PM me back with: :arrow:

1. Comfirmation of your attendance.

2. Whether you are planning to meet at the official meet start point (Winchester Tesco), or at Thruxton Circuit.

3. A contact Mobile number for you on the day.

Also, if you are planning on attending, but have not yet signed up to the Meet usergroup. Then please do so. I can then keep you up to-date with any further meet news. :wink:

Thanks for your help. It should prove to be a great day out, with some spectactular on-track action. I hope that Kevin's and my banter have already wetted your appitites!! tongue.gif Don't forget, any problems or questions, then just let me know and I will do my best to help!! :wink:
Posted Image

#43 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 15 May 2003 - 07:41 PM

Didn't get a track pass  :cry:  so i'll send Chris a text when i get my post allocation And you can come and see me at work  :)

Thanks Pete, I'll see you on the day!! biggrin.gif

Also, in response to the PM's I have received. I am happy to give further details of where we are meeting up, both at Tesco in Winchester, and at Thruxton. :wink:

Shown below is the web link to a map of the location of the Tesco store in Winchester. The store can be found just off Junction 9. tongue.gif

www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=450000&Y=130000&scale=25000&coordsys=gb

Once at the circuit my favourite place to spectate is at the entry to the Campbell - Cobb - Seagrave Complex. The layout of the circuit is shown below. :arrow:

Posted Image

#44 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:01 PM

Besides, you can see almost all the circuit from the complex and there were incidents aplenty there last year biggrin.gif

The complex is great at the start of the race and the chicane at the end, i dont know if the spectator area next to the members grandstand is still in use after the flying F3 incident, i believe so because of higher catch fencing but cannot be sure. biggrin.gif
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#45 User is offline   kevin ritson 

Posted 20 May 2003 - 12:58 PM

I think that happened in 2001, when Sato was winning everything, so before I last visited, the fencing is pretty high there, which is another reason why I prefer the complex, there a grass banks which means you don't need to spend over a grand on a big enough camera lens to blur out the fencing!!

#46 User is offline   kevin ritson 

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:31 PM

Me again (just making the thread look popular to try and get some last minute recruits for the meet! biggrin.gif )

Just got my ticket from BARC and they've also sent me a non-transferable car park ticket for car park 'A'. When I visited last year, there only seemed to be one car park not far from the Start/Finish line. Any Thruxton veterans able to tell me if this will ruin the parking symmetry?

#47 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:53 PM

Well done Kevin!! biggrin.gif I should get you to organise the next meet! :wink:

Yep, I've got an 'A' car park pass too. It's not a problem as there's loads of special signs along the A303, directing people to the right car park. We can see who's got what ticket / pass when meeting at Winchester. biggrin.gif

If you have not got a ticket yet, then no worries. It's dead easy to get one at the circuit. Prices are shown earlier in this thread. Any problems, just give us a shout! :wink:
Posted Image

#48 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 22 May 2003 - 09:33 PM

Roll-up, Roll-up!! :wink:

It's only a few days to go until this exciting BTCC meet at Thruxton. If you would like to come to this, but have not as yet registered your interest. Then please contact me so I am aware that you are coming. biggrin.gif

However, if you wake up on Monday morning and fancy coming along, then no problem.

These are the details of where and when we are meeting: :arrow:

Monday 26th May 2003 @ 0845.

Tesco Store,
Easton Lane,
Winchester,
Hants.
SO23 7RS
(Just off M3, Junction 9)

Contact Person: Chris Downes - R5CPD@aol.com - Mob: 07719748863

This is the timetable for the day's events: :arrow:

10.00 Heritage Grand Touring Car Challenge Qualifying (20 Mins)
10.30 Pitlane walkabout/Autograph session 1 Hour
11.40 BTCC Drivers Parade 10 Mins
12.10 BTCC Race 1 (25 Laps)
13.10 Elf Clio Renaultsport UK Cup Race (14 Laps)
13.45 Formula Ford Race (16 Laps)
14.40 Porsche Carrera Cup Race (30 Mins)
15.25 Formula Renault UK Race (18 Laps)
16.25 BTCC Race 2 (25 Laps)
17.25 Heritage Grand Touring Car Challenge Race (30 Mins)

These are the ticket prices on the day: :arrow:

Adult @ £21 each

Paddock Transfer @ £6 each

Grandstand Seat @ £10 each

Children 15 and under (accompanied) are admitted free of charge, but 5 years old and over will be charged for Paddock Transfer and / or Grandstand Seats.

If you require any further information about this event, then please contact me, otherwise I look forward to seeing you all on Monday!! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#49 User is offline   carey 

Posted 28 May 2003 - 10:02 AM

Have been unable to type due to sunburnt arms until now. Great day out, only wish I was looking right at the back of the pack at the beginning of the first race, instead of watching the leaders and just seeing a wheel trundle past! :wink:
Ex mummy of Pedro - X27 KAT

#50 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 28 May 2003 - 09:32 PM

It's great to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves! biggrin.gif Hot weather, combined with close racing ensured a fun day out. I've posted some pictures of the racing up in the album section for the meet. I know that many of you took photo's on the day and I am sure that people would be very interested to see them. So please post them up when it is convient for you to do so. :wink:

Due to the success of the this meet, I am planning to do another one for the BTCC races at Brands Hatch later this year. I will be posting up meet details over the next few days. tongue.gif
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 29 May 2003 - 03:01 PM

we may come to this as we have free tickets for Brands Hatch smile.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#52 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:20 PM

Due to the success of the this meet, I am planning to do another one for the BTCC races at Brands Hatch later this year. I will be posting up meet details over the next few days.   tongue.gif

the only date I can see is the 25th August for Brands Hatch?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#53 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 30 May 2003 - 08:23 PM

Yep, that's the one. biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#54 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 06 June 2003 - 04:18 PM

I know that many of you took photo's on the day and I am sure that people would be very interested to see them. So please post them up when it is convient for you to do so.  :wink:

Done! Just wanted to thank Chris for the wicked day out. Hope I haven't posted too many photos but unlike some people, I take my own photos laugh.gif
If your crafty and you know it

#55 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:59 PM

Thanks Phil!! biggrin.gif

You certainly got som great shots. However, I'm not so sure about the that rearward shot of that dodgy bloke wearing the MG baseball cap back-to-front!! biggrin.gif

BTW, I'm off to the BTCC meeting at Silverstone this Sunday. I'm likely to be round at the Abbey hairpin. So if your coming too, then please let me know and we can meet up!! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic