Pumapeople: 15 June 2003 Dunton in the Park:CANCELLED! - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

15 June 2003 Dunton in the Park:CANCELLED!

#1 User is offline   Pumpkin 

• Group: Members

Posted 03 March 2003 - 12:14 PM

Date & Time: Sunday 15 June 2003, 12 noon (to be confirmed)

Location (Town/City): Basildon, Essex

Venue: Festival Leisure Park, then convoy on to Ford Dunton.

Contact Person: Yvonne Bardwell (iamv2001@yahoo.co.uk)

Register your attendance for this meet here

PumaPeople first attended Dunton in the Park last summer and we all had a great day out biggrin.gif 13 Puma's were on show in the Special Vehicle Engineering enclosure – the place to be as we were with the WRC set up as well 8) (no guarantee this is where we will be this year though)!! 4 of the cars also took part in the site parade lap and no, for those wondering, it was not, unfortunately, on the test track!!

Dunton in the Park is a day primarily for Ford employees and their families from the South East sites to come together and enjoy a family day. The event is an informal social affair and is not a formal 'Open Day' with site tours around the offices, workshops and engineering facilities. Last year's event had a number of attractions and activities, which included: new product displays, classic car and Rallye Sport displays, WRC Rally Cars, food stalls serving refreshments throughout the day, live music all afternoon, archery, advanced and beginners driving skills, Tranquillity Zone – nature walks, pond dipping and abseiling, Parade Lap, Essex Air Ambulance and for younger visitors there was a bouncy castle, face painting and pets corner.

This will be the second time PumaPeople we will have attended. However, I have been advised by the Centennial Organisers that this event will be bigger and better than in previous years due to the 100-year celebrations of Ford Motor Company (official Birthday being Monday 16th June).

I have also been advised that they may well restrict the number of cars in attendance from Ford Car Clubs to be on display sad.gif I will keep you all informed as to my progress in trying to ensure everyone signed up can at least still come along and those not in the display can all park up together and enjoy the day. Those cars for the display enclosure will be picked on a first come, first served basis, or as I see fit, to ensure we have a fair selection across the Puma range!

Should the Organisers not allow us all to attend and do, therefore, restrict numbers because of the sheer volume of people who will be going this year, I will make the decision as to whether we go ahead with attending Dunton in the Park or not :?: I know I did have 16 people signed up already for this meet on the old web site, before my database entry disappeared, but I would sooner all the PumaPeople who sign up to attend, can all enjoy the day together. The last thing I want to do, is tell people we haven't room for them to come along, so to avoid disappointment and hopefully everyone is in agreement, if we are restricted, I will decline the offer for us to show the Puma's at this year's event and we will still celebrate Ford's Birthday on Sunday 15th June together, :idea: but I will come up with something else for us all to do which will involve a convoy drive somewhere and a nice meal out. Hope I haven't confused you all! Watch this space for more information.

Why not take advantage of the better weather and lighter evenings and come along? Please register your interest, even the 16 of you who had already signed up, as I haven't a clue who you were :?

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Directions to Festival Lesiure Park:

M25, J29 signposted for A127. Join A127 towards Basildon/Southend. Go over the half roundabout and turn off for I think it is the A176 for Billericay. The slip road off bends to the left. It may well be signposted from here with the good old brown signs for the Festival Leisure Park. If not, here goes ... Turn left at the roundabout. Will take you under the A127 you just come off of. Straight over the next roundabout. Left at the next which means B&Q will run along your left hand side. Over the traffic lights. Over the next roundabout and first slip road off for the Leisure Park. We park up by Pizza Hut. You should see us all.

Looking forward to seeing the usual crew and any new faces biggrin.gif

V & SEV biggrin.gif
SX Meet Organiser

"There are no strangers at these meets, just friends we have yet to meet".

CAN I REMIND YOU ALL, THAT IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND A MEET, PLEASE LET THE ORGANISER KNOW OR SIMPLY LET ME KNOW VIA THIS LIST. ALSO, IF YOU DECIDE TO COME ALONG, ESPECIALLY IF LAST MINUTE (WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY FINE - IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE EVERYONE), PLEASE TEXT, EMAIL OR RING ME OUT OF COURTESY SO I KNOW TO EXPECT YOU AND THE OVERALL NUMBERS I AM TO BE DEALING WITH. THANKS.[/b]

#2 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 03 March 2003 - 07:04 PM

I want to come, I want to come, I want to come, I want to................ tongue.gif
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   pumarv6 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 04 March 2003 - 11:13 AM

I'll be there too.

#4 User is offline   Black_Kat 

Posted 04 March 2003 - 02:54 PM

Count me in too!

Kevin 8)
T5 KRH
Kevin
T5 KRH

#5 User is offline   terryk 

Posted 13 March 2003 - 03:02 PM

smile.gif I'll be there in my banana- makes a change from the Enterprise

Captain Kirk

#6 User is offline   Law 

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:40 PM

Can't wait for this one biggrin.gif

We will be there whatever is hapnin
Darren & Laura
NISSAN 350Z
EX FRP #275 (R5 FRP)

#7 User is offline   PussCat 

Posted 24 March 2003 - 03:07 PM

erm - I think you may have me down on the list for this anyway - but just a reminder to count me in laugh.gif
Caz

http://www.justgiving.com/bokbok - "Just Giving Site" for the BHWT in Colin's Memory... please help a chicken today!

#8 User is offline   lisafrp 

Posted 24 March 2003 - 10:55 PM

I think we are going to be there...will have to let you know for sure nearer the time...I thought it was on the Sat, so might have to rearrange things. We was on the original list tho smile.gif

cheers
Lisa & Turby

#9 User is offline   Pumpkin 

Posted 25 March 2003 - 08:25 AM

I thought it was on the Sat, so might have to rearrange things.

Hi Lisa,

I remembered you were on the original list, so have already captured your name smile.gif thanks for confirming though.

Yes, it surprised me too that Dunton in the Park falls on a Sunday and I also know it clashes with Father's Day sad.gif Last years event was indeed on a Saturday and it worked very nicely, but I think Ford have opted for a Sunday this year as it is the closest date to Ford's Birthday on the Monday.

Don't forget I have yet to confirm that all of those wanting to go, can be present on the day. As soon as I hear from the organisers I will update my meet notice accordingly and we will either all be going to Dunton, or I will have to get my thinking cap on as to where we can all go to celebrate Fords Birthday together biggrin.gif

See you soon.

V & SEV
SX Meet Organiser smile.gif

#10 User is offline   lisafrp 

Posted 25 March 2003 - 08:45 AM

[/quote] or I will have to get my thinking cap on as to where we can all go to celebrate Fords Birthday together biggrin.gif

See you soon.

V & SEV
SX Meet Organiser smile.gif[/quote]

If this is the case, could we maybe change it to the Saturday, as that would be better for a few more people (there are quite a few (30ish) FRP's coming over to Essex on Friday) so you would possibly have a massive turnout. I'm sure Henry wouldn't mind if we celebrated 2 days early wink.gif

cheers
Lisa
Racing Puma Owners Club
www.rpoc.co.uk

#11 User is offline   Pumpkin 

Posted 25 March 2003 - 09:03 AM

[/quote] If this is the case, could we maybe change it to the Saturday. I'm sure Henry wouldn't mind if we celebrated 2 days early wink.gif[/quote]

Yes, I was thinking this anyway and Ed Hicks kindly emailed too informing me of the number of FRP's in Boreham on the Friday. In fact, it may well all change if the turn out is likely to be big to the Saturday and our own SX meet anyway, as I know Ford may well have problems with the sheer number of Puma's that want to attend!! 8)

All I can say right now, is watch this space and it will be on the Saturday or the Sunday. As soon as I know, you'll all know. Please stick with me on this one smile.gif

V & SEV smile.gif
SX Meet Organiser

#12 User is offline   Adpuma 

Posted 25 March 2003 - 04:10 PM

How about a meet of our own on the Saturday and on to the Dunton thingymajic on Sunday? Might sound like overkill but gives us some options and means we don't have to miss out completely.

I'll definitely be at the Dunton day anyway.

#13 User is offline   Pumpkin 

Posted 26 March 2003 - 08:33 AM

Might sound like overkill

Ad,

Thanks for the suggstion, but I am not planning on organising 2 meets over the same weekend!!! To be honest, I think if there were to be 2 meets, one on Saturday and one on Sunday - a Saturday meet would take the dairy out of the main event on Sunday.

I cannot commit to either day yet until the Ford Centennial Organisers have got back to me. I understand what you are saying about not disappointing people and believe me, I hope not to. As I have already said, as soon as I know more details I will let everyone else know via this Forum page. There is no point me organising something I have absolutely no control over what so ever at the moment until I get confirmation of numbers one way or the other from Ford. sad.gif

I will email the organisers today to pose my question to them again.

If any FRP owners are reading this, especially Lisa, Chris or Ed, if you could give me a rough idea of how many FRP's/owners are thinking of attending, that would be much appreciated!

Watch this space and for the time being, I guess the subject is closed until further updates are given.

Have a good day! The weather's too nice to be stuck in the office sad.gif

V & SEV smile.gif
SX Meet Organiser

#14 User is offline   cm 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 11:48 AM

:? Gawd - wot a change in the old w/site. Count "the Tart" in - definitely - missed meet on 5th as my 'e' mail has been down for weeks - only just up and running again.

Chrissie & "the Tart" biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#15 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 07 April 2003 - 12:33 PM

I should be there...not bothered for Sat/Sun...I'm sure I can find something to keep me amused if there is a day's gap after Friday
:wink:

#16 User is offline   scottyb 

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:19 PM

I'll be there assuming i can hitch a lift.......... :?: 8)

#17 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:22 PM

No worries, you can 'experiance' a ride in my FRP! :wink:

Just ask Adam. tongue.gif
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   scottyb 

Posted 14 April 2003 - 12:20 PM

FRP ride sounds interesting, next attraction at Alton Towers?

Cheers dude.

#19 User is offline   sky 

Posted 14 April 2003 - 04:37 PM

Okies...if you had already expressed an interest in attending this meet, I've gone ahead and added you to the usergroup I've just created, with the exception of Lisa...

Check here to make sure I've not missed you off...

Cheers
Jason Aspinall, Original site creator, since '98
http://www.chilledatthebottom.com
http://www.chilled35.com
Mmm, clicky :)

#20 User is offline   lisafrp 

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:41 PM

Okies...if you had already expressed an interest in attending this meet, I've gone ahead and added you to the usergroup I've just created, with the exception of Lisa...

Check here to make sure I've not missed you off...

Cheers

That was lucky, you must have read my mind, we will not be able to make the Sunday as we should be sprinting the pumas down in Devon, so lucky you didn't add us!

We can make a meet on the Saturday if it changes to then, so let us know.

cheers
Lisa
Racing Puma Owners Club
www.rpoc.co.uk

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic