Pumapeople: Newbie Here From Tunbridge Wells Kent - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newbie Here From Tunbridge Wells Kent Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   djgavsta 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

hello all just thought id say hi as ive recently purchased a puma 1.7 in silver (same as my dads 1 when i was younger) lol always wanted 1 ever since i drove his while he was on holiday lol
Anyway ive got alot of plans for my car but in the process of saving up some decent money to get started, Im looking to start with some bits from lightning motorsport either tuning kit or turbo conversion ?
Any ideas or suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, also im wanting a badboy bonnet (i had 1 back in the day from cool louvres but cant seem to find them online?) any ideas who else can do these down my way? (kent)
anyway i look forward to getting to work on it and hopefully speaking to u all soon
Peace...

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

Hi
Not a lot ready made for the Puma (body work wise) and what was available has probably gone and been used up.
They do great modifications in Europe but they do it themselves and fabricate what they want.
Turbo conversion hope you are good with a spanner. Off the shelf turbo for the 1.7 was never a reliable option many years ago (those conversions are no longer available anyway). The cars that were reliable then had owners that can look after them and rebuild the bits that were not good.
Could go for it but I think be prepared to work for it and be resourceful.
The gallery has lots of modified Puma images to get you started.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   djgavsta 

• Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

thanks man think i'll go for the stage 3 tuning kit to start with then

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

Why not see how many are running the lightning motorsport turbo to get a feel for the conversion.

My turbo thoughts to be fair are from conversions available some time ago now and as such perhaps are obsolete.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic