Pumapeople: Newcastle Meet - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newcastle Meet

#1 User is offline   Skud Kid 

• Group: Members

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

Looking to start a newcastle meet in april and maybe continue evry month, meeting at washington services then on through chester le street and accross to stanhope. There is some great country roads up there and a few good pubs and cafe's as well as a cracking chippy. Even if you just meet at the services and dont fancy the drive get yourself there so we can all meet the members we talk too

If anyone is interested i can arrange it and do a map layout of a journey we could take, any input would be great to keep everyone happy

Names and dates would be good too

Mark
Rhythm is part of our daily life. It is the pulse that drives us, the steady beat that provides vitality and motion

#2 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Skud Kid @ Mar 20 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking to start a newcastle meet in april and maybe continue evry month, meeting at washington services then on through chester le street and accross to stanhope. There is some great country roads up there and a few good pubs and cafe's as well as a cracking chippy. Even if you just meet at the services and dont fancy the drive get yourself there so we can all meet the members we talk too

If anyone is interested i can arrange it and do a map layout of a journey we could take, any input would be great to keep everyone happy

Names and dates would be good too

Mark

we could do a drive along the coast since newcastle is so near the coast. But I think best to ask people if they prefer a challenging drive or just a drive with a good scenery. I prefer scenery over challenging route. Have setup my car to be able to capture videos by the way happy.gif So I will most probably be attaching a digital camera to my car to flim the drive happy.gif (got my pc hooked up in my puma for this purpose as well).

Silver Surfer

#3 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

@Mark:

I wouldnt mind going with a recce on the route with you if you need someone to accompany

#4 User is offline   1an 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:24 PM

family still lives up in Newcastle, can't wait to try stevenage to newcastle in the Puma biggrin.gif ,

some nice coastal routes up there, beware of tractors!

#5 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

I was thinking either a drive at around cumbria/ durham country side, or the costal route from north shields/ whitley bay up to somewhere say holy island? happy.gif

#6 User is offline   Skud Kid 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

Well the coast is good but you tend to get alot of chavs along that route. The durham/cumbria route is good but something that came to mind is the a69 route, thats very nice too. What you think ?
Rhythm is part of our daily life. It is the pulse that drives us, the steady beat that provides vitality and motion

#7 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:07 PM

Hmmmm I havent been to the A69 route before but I wouldnt mind going for a recce with you this weekend if you want happy.gif. I have just been on microsoft virtual earth and did a little readup on A69 surroundings and Must say it looks quite promising : http://www.northern-pennines.co.uk/eden.htm it has good scenery and good spots for photographic people happy.gif. Also the A69 route is pretty long therefore not sure where you would like to start and where you would like to stop haha.

Silver Surfer

This post has been edited by e3silversurfer: 20 March 2007 - 06:16 PM

#8 User is offline   Skud Kid 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

Well the A69 heads up towards slaley hall and you can get on the alston roads and head west. Cant do recce this weekend as the boot build is being fitted in durham and its gonna take the full day not including the retrim.

Can do next weekend though

#9 User is offline   angelxxx 

• View gallery

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:36 PM

Can you not bring it a little further down for those of us nearer north yorkshire and Teesside? as i know there are a cpl down this way

#10 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

I travelled down to Leicester last weekend for the puma meet all the way from newcastle happy.gif. Well we could bring it down but I was hoping I dont have to travel too far this time. Hmmm you can suggest a route for us as well happy.gif. anyway the point of us organizing a up north is because we need to recce the route and it is not very "economical" for us to go down and test drive some far away route happy.gif I hope you understand what I mean happy.gif . Well I wouldnt mind the drive but I think it would be difficult for the organizers if the route is far away from their area.

Silver Surfer

#11 User is offline   angelxxx 

• View gallery

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

i get wjat you mean but i have a son so tend to not be able to get out for as long as most wink.gif so cant do meets far away unless i can get him watched for a whole day which is rare, route wise depends what you want theres the 689 etc

#12 User is offline   Skud Kid 

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:36 PM

If you can think of a good route then we can recce it and see what its like, i dont mind the drive wherever it is

#13 User is offline   P7 TNY 

• View gallery

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

Washington is not Newcastle wink.gif wink.gif
P7 TNY

P for the first letter in my surname
7 - My daughter was born on the 7th
TNY - short for TONY

my pic profile - my daughter now aged four years old, my life, my motivation, my dream

#14 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:22 PM

Washington is further down from Newcastle happy.gif. How many of us are there in the North? I think at most there is only about 7 or 8 of us that I know of at the moment.

Elvin

QUOTE (angelxxx @ Mar 20 2007, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i get wjat you mean but i have a son so tend to not be able to get out for as long as most wink.gif so cant do meets far away unless i can get him watched for a whole day which is rare, route wise depends what you want theres the 689 etc

You can bring him along happy.gif never had kids on the meet before. Just make sure he is all buckled up and well could let him hold the camera for fliming the route or taking photos while you are driving happy.gif.

#15 User is offline   angelxxx 

• View gallery

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:43 AM

Dont you think if i wanted to bring him along i would have said anything? Have you not thought that going to a meet is something i might want to do to have some time to myself?

Anyway it dont matter i cant be bothered to go to this kind of meet ill go to a different one cheers now!

#16 Guest_darrenspalmer_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (e3silversurfer @ Mar 21 2007, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can bring him along happy.gif never had kids on the meet before. Just make sure he is all buckled up and well could let him hold the camera for fliming the route or taking photos while you are driving happy.gif .

That's a bit presumptious isn't it? I think angelxxx would know how her son is safest in her own car, and what he should or shouldn't do whilst in it.

Glad she's got your permission to bring him along.

1112202173.gif

#17 User is offline   angelxxx 

• View gallery

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

Most that know me will realise i dont take any advise over the wellbeing of my son from other people, esp those that i dont know, thats my reason for not bothering with this meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (angelxxx @ Mar 22 2007, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most that know me will realise i dont take any advise over the wellbeing of my son from other people, esp those that i dont know, thats my reason for not bothering with this meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, sorry sad.gif I didnt realise that I am being too bossy. Apologies Angel. My dad used to drive me around to meet his friends and therefore I had this impression that other people might like it as well.

@darrenspalmer

I am not the organizer of this meet. Just a helper I believe.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic