Pumapeople: Wheel and suspension choice? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wheel and suspension choice?

#1 User is offline   chris_mof 

• Group: Members

Posted 03 December 2004 - 05:53 PM

ive finally decided to get 17 inch wheels for my kat but now not sure what to do about the suspension. would the handling be affected if i dont lower the car at the same time? and if i do lower it is it ok to just change the springs or should i do the dampers too? also what sort of rubbing or catching can i expect on the arches etc, any input will be much appreciated..... ja_stupid.gif

#2 User is offline   matty 

Posted 04 December 2004 - 06:27 PM

17's will rase the ride height so technicly would be bad for handeling, but on the plus side you have a little bit more rubber on the road.

you can change the springs (lower) but your shockers will wear out much quicker.... my first kit was springs only, 40mm drop, but the standard shockers started leaking after a while.

get a full kit springs and shocks, but make sure they dont rub the tyres when fitted
Mk5 1.7 pumaspeed fiesta with gas

My car

tarmac terrorism

#3 User is offline   alanbrenen 

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:47 PM

puma's look stupid with 17's and standard supsension, look too high, especially at the back, almost like a tractor. lowering is essential. iv got 17's with 35mm g-max shocks and springs, only cost about 2 hundred quid! handles amazinly!

#4 User is offline   chris_mof 

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:34 PM

ok thanks guys, lots of people seem to like the g-max setup so that looks like the way to go. ill sort the rest out as i get there!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic