• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1.7 Project, Slow But Steady Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Kizza 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

is it posible to remove the dash and mount all the switches, lights and other what nots onto an aluminium board in the centre of the board? how much weight is in the dash with all the suports and the steel fraimwork behind?

Cheers kieran

#22 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

Std dash weighs approx 10-11 Kgs... and yes its possible to remove the dash, just need to custom make mounting bracket for instrument clocks, also the heater blower would look a bit silly unless you removed all that as well...
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#23 User is offline   mada 

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

just read through your thread all sounds good!

where abouts in manchester are you?

as i have a blue t reg puma ;)

will have to meet up sometime!

also let me know when your breaking the other puma as i may be intrested in a few bits!!!

cheers

adam

#24 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

yeah i was thinking about removing the heater system. along with everything else that i can :) and i live in dryolsden a couple of miles from the city stadium. im also breaking the silver puma at the end of the month so if you want anything just let me know buddy. and what colour is your car because il keep my eye out for you pal

cheers kieran

#25 User is offline   mada 

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

I work sometime at droyslden! Haha my melina blue with dark grey Mondeo gti alloys. Is the one your breaking steel blue? If it is I need the passenger side wing mirror! I'll have to pop up and see you sometime soon! Can give you a hand too if you need! May need your help as I see your a enginer, I need my rear Hubs for my disks grinding down to accept the puma abs!!

#26 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

sounds good pal, will have to meet up some time and yeah i could have a look at it for you, the other puma is steel blue but the mirrors are a bit nackerd. they got kicked off in manchester 2 weeks after i got the car so there glued together sorry. the mirror glass itself is fine lol il keep an eye out for your car when im out and about. i like the melina puma's i looked at loads before i decided what colour i wanted. when you next up near droylsden then?

#27 User is offline   salford doorman 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Whats wrong with th bonnet has the car had a prang??

#28 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

no ive put some lifters on the bonnet to raise it.

#29 User is offline   salford doorman 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Ah ok just wondered no grill either? thought you had bumped it?

#30 User is offline   mada 

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

No idea when I'll next be up. Could meet up with you sometime in Stockport as it's halfway between me and you if you wanted? Drop us a pm and we will sort something

#31 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

yeah no grill pal i think the car looked better without it. yeah mada i go down to stockport alot, ive got alot of mates around there. also il be uploading some more pics of some work ive been doin on the car.

cheers kieran

#32 User is offline   ScubaSteve 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Dash weighs 12kgs dash with heater fan, matrix and housing and sound deadning about 27kgs. You might want to look in my most recent pages of my project

#33 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Yeah ScubaSteve thats one of the threads that made me want to do it but im not sure about loosing my heating yet :wacko: how did you decide on loosing it?

#34 User is offline   ScubaSteve 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

I don't really need it as its not a daily car lol. Worse case just buy a 12v portable heater

#35 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

yeah mine isnt a daily car eather... maybe taking the hole thing out would be the best option for weight saving. but i still want a radio though hahahahaha

This post has been edited by Kizza: 12 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

#36 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Radiant red wheels??? i think it would look good on the track. what do you think?

cheers kieran

#37 User is offline   salford doorman 

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

like the spoiler but think the bonnet would look better with grille and just normal ?:cool:

#38 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

small update of what ive been doin over the last 2 weeks or so. ive now stripped apart
the silver puma. ive bought another car. its an r reg mondeo with 75k on the clock, 1
owner from new with full ford service history. it runs and drives like car half its age B)
not bad for 500 notes. i have a few little things for the car now like a new clutch slave cylinder and 20mm wheel spacers. all thats need to get the engine into the car now is
to have my flywheel skimmed and balanced. i will be doin that when i get paid in 2
weeks time. then im goin to need a 4-2-1 manifold to get it running again. the car wont
be road legal for a while so it will need to be trailerd here and there so its a good job
the mondeo has a ford fitted tow bar aswell. my home made strut braces are coming
along well too, the read is nearly done and the front is half way there. once ive fitted
the engine il be making the bottom front brace also. not had alot of money to spend in
the past few months but should have a bit more soon because im moving back into my mum and dads with my fiance and the little one to save up to buy a house. hoping to
have it working and track able by september.

il upload some pics when i get a chance. im just a bit busy atm :mad:

#39 User is offline   salford doorman 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Red wheels... not sure on them, why you bought a Mondeo, just a cra p rep car :woot2:

#40 User is offline   Kizza 

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

the mondeo's like new apart from a dint on the bonnet. and ive just got 531.2 miles out of a tank of fuel so its not bad on juice eather lol i think red would look ok if not its only a layer of paint hahahahaha

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic