Pumapeople: New discs - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New discs

#1 User is offline   kevt 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2003 - 02:58 PM

My discs were replaced a few weeks ago. I'm sure they just needed a little knock or two to come off
kevt
millie 561

#2 User is offline   Ian S 

Posted 20 April 2003 - 07:00 AM

According to TIS the disc is held in place by a spring clip & the wheel nuts, although I don't remember the spring clip when I removed mine

As far as I can remember you will need to take the calliper off to remove the disc - I don't think there is quite enough room even with the pads removed. The callipers come off easy enough though as they are only held on by 2 bolts at the back.

Ian

#3 User is offline   ALAN at PUMABUILD 

Posted 20 April 2003 - 09:17 AM

Use a big big hammer as rust will be holding the disc on and a little WD40 will help

#4 User is offline   Lennie 

Posted 20 April 2003 - 09:49 AM

Thanks guys,
I will have another go with a bit more enthusiasm in the hammer department.
I take it the caliper guides need to come off too. I've soaked the 13mm hex heads with penetrating oil, but they weren't shifting yesterday. I think it's time I bought myself a good socket set!

#5 User is offline   Mantamad 

Posted 20 April 2003 - 10:12 AM

Have not tried to remove the caliper bolts on the Puma yet - was going to yesterday until I discovered the hex/torx (whatever they are!) bolts.

If they are anything like the ones on the Manta - get as long a pole as to can to give extra leverage as they are extremely tight. I use a 10mm allen key on the Manta and for leverage - have to use the trolley jack handle slotted over the end of the allen key - and they are still difficult to remove at that.
David

#6 User is offline   Ian S 

Posted 20 April 2003 - 10:22 AM

Thanks guys,
I will have another go with a bit more enthusiasm in the hammer department.
I take it the caliper guides need to come off too. I've soaked the 13mm hex heads with penetrating oil, but they weren't shifting yesterday. I think it's time I bought myself a good socket set!

Good idea - a big hammer & mole grips does have its limitations :wink:

Ian smile.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic