Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weather Strips

#1 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

• Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone please know where I can get the window weather strips for a standard Puma - the ones that sit along the top of the door that blow out under the rubber.

Ford can get the n/s but not the o/s which is the worst side on my car! and as I am having my wheel arches done next week the bodyshop said they would replace the strips at the same time if I can get any.

Thanks for any help.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

They are not too bad to replace yourself if you can get hold of them. I would snap up the Ford one if your are also replacing that side the other side went out of stock some time ago.
It's the metal strip inside the rubber that has rusted causing the warping of the strip.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

Hi Kate

Cheers and the bodyshop said the same. Will replace at no extra charge IF I can get them. Typical Ford haven't got the side that's worse so if anyone on here can help with the o/s I'd be extremely grateful. I'll get the other from Ford anyway.

Thanks ☺

#4 User is offline   gimmickyflea 

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

A quick update on this subject for anyone who is looking to replace these. Ford can actually get both although the o/s is sent in from Germany - £106.82 for the pair! Posted Image

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

That's brilliant news.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic