Pumapeople: Frp Blue/purple In Trowbridge - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp Blue/purple In Trowbridge (doing dangerous overtake)

#1 User is offline   ryanjjones 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

So, who was the boy/girl racer in Trowbridge this morning in an FRP who in heavy rain overtook at least 2 cars when entering a 50 limit past the rugby club which has a "directed exit" just getting in a few m before a roundabout. Meaning anyone leaving the car park after dropping kids off for their morning kick around would be looking the other way as they joined the main road and not seen you coming

I saw you coming and lifted off to give you more room to get in front of me - so you fortunately had a bigger gap than if I was a typical driver looking blindly ahead which otherwise would've been a bit tight.

Overtaking is fun, and if it wasn't for the roundabout, rain, and car park exit then there wasn't much wrong with it. If you got in before the exit (which would've been behind me) - I'd have said it was a safe overtake. Just the last hop pushed it a bit.

No doubt if you read this you will think there was nothing wrong with it and don't know why I bothered posting, but take a few seconds to consider what-if scenarios and you may be better for it. Maybe do some advanced training which helps with considering these options which are most suited for a spirited drive :)/> They also encourage making progress, albeit safely. I was actually doing a demo drive for the missus who should have advanced test next week, hence saw you coming and opted to give you a bigger gap so you didn't compromise my safety. I ruled out overtaking there due to the car park exit, conditions, and the fact there were loads of cars ahead in fairly heavy traffic.

Oh - 30s later and a police car would have seen you do it as it was just exiting Trowbridge ;)/>

Have fun, but stay safe.

This post has been edited by ryanjjones: 24 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

#2 User is offline   Dogsbody 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:50 AM

It wasn't Me :lol:
I was in Trowbridge yesterday but in the wife's Toyota.

There are three other FRP's around here, sounds more like a "Mike" manoeuvre.
Did you notice the plate?
I'm usually a bit better behaved in the wet and in 30-50mph limits.

This morning on a dry road from Chippenham I was naughty :P
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic