• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ford Racing Puma Parts And What Has Happened

#1 User is offline   ALAN at PUMABUILD 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

As of the end of March ALL Racing puma parts have been sold on.
There are no Ford Racing Puma parts 909 and 908 left at Daventry.

This is due to the age of the vehicle and such a low demand on parts as there is now a lot less than 500 vehicles still on the road.

Where does that leave Racing puma owners now ?

All the parts that were at daventry and are now on ebay under the name National Clearance centre but dont panic and buy all the parts i know he has lots of them so over the next few weeks prices will be a little more sensible.

There are around 100 front spliters, 150 brake discs, 4,100 wheel nuts, 150 alloy wheels, lots of body panels. Kate (Happy Kat) has a full list.
What i am tring to say is dont rush and panic buy this clearance centre has just under 1,000,000 of parts at retail price.

Over the years i have accuired lots of parts and also built up a good stock level so i am still able to support customers.
I have also made jigs so that i can reproduce all suspension parts so together we can keep the racing puma going

Whilst the parts were being moved from Daventry a few parts have been uncovered one of them was a drivers seat !!

Also be aware that the discs that are on Ebay are one side and as you may know the racing puma has a LEFT and a RIGHT hand disc.

#2 User is offline   Tiwe98 

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Thanks, Thats great information... cheers

Tim

#3 User is offline   Tiwe98 

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

just been thinking about this... why aren't these parts being offered to the owners club? so they can actually go to frp owners as and when they need them? the fiesta bunch are gonna rake these parts up...

i know the reason why they aren't, MONEY. but it still does annoy me!

#4 User is offline   shinigami 

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Damn. if the fiesta market is so big for these parts ford should have made more to sell to both car owners. so pumabuild can remake the shocks, Springs, lower arms and Knuckles etc? at a comparable price to the originals?

it is nice to know what's happening to the parts though so thank you for the information
FRP = Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Owner of FRP #444

#5 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

to buy parts without the ebay hasstle

http://www.fordparts...uma_racing_569/

fordparts uk, are a ford dealer in salisbury

http://www.foraymoto...parts_shop.html

#6 User is offline   kel 

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

may i ask a question, if this is infact true.
Why can i go to a ford dealer and them order the part? if there isnt any anymore why can they still order them?
why does every one panic because one person says all the parts have ran out?! i ordered three 909 specific racing puma parts and i have received them all from a ford dealer? dont get me wrong alot is out of stock and no longer in production but this isnt everything.
Owner of FRP 45 Ruby Racer!

#7 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

when though?? they only passed over all stock 5 days ago..

rob checked with daventry today and his informant assured him that there are no racing puma parts left in daventry.

thanks for clearing this up alan and good to know your still looking out for us even though many thought you didnt like us anymore lol ;)

This post has been edited by Big Boy Al: 06 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#8 User is offline   kel 

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

View PostBig Boy Al, on 06 April 2010 - 08:07 PM, said:

when though?? they only passed over all stock 5 days ago..

rob checked with daventry today and his informant assured him that there are no racing puma parts left in daventry.

thanks for clearing this up alan and good to know your still looking out for us even though many thought you didnt like us anymore lol

im going to find out tomorrow, i am sick of this rubbish and if it carries on i am not coming on here anymore, people seem to enjoy winding each other up lol. i know a guy in the parts department who has put the stuff on ebay under national clearance centre and i am going to find out and tell you all. and if its true i will apologies, eat my words and probably sell my FRP as i certainly cant commpete with the ridiculous prices parts are selling for.
If i am right i hope people will research a little more rather than working themselves into a frenzied craze.
( btw if you havent noticed im in a mood too now)

#9 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

We should look to buy only what we need in order to actually complete a maintenance activity.
Panic buiying is only going to do one of two things I feel:
1 - rake up the prices
2 - run out of stock

Thankfully there are people who are able to help us keep our cars on the road, be it maintenance to supplying and or making parts that fit :)
It is the loan owner who stands outside of any Forum who is going to suffer I feel.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#10 User is offline   Spike 

whatever it is...

national clearance centre is a FORD dealer, selling off ford's stock of parts.

( I brought a new bumper from them, and picked it up from a local ford dealer, near me. part of foray motor group)

#11 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Well done if you find out anything different but all I'm telling you is rob(burfyboy) works at dunton and has direct links with daventry parts and when he asked his contact today he was informed that no parts are now kept at daventry.

Also you didn't answer the question about how long ago you ordered the parts?? If before end of march you would have got them.

This post has been edited by Big Boy Al: 06 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   kel 

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

View PostBig Boy Al, on 06 April 2010 - 08:56 PM, said:

Well done if you find out anything different but all I'm telling you is rob(burfyboy) works at dunton and has direct links with daventry parts and when he asked his contact today he was informed that no parts are now kept at daventry.

Also you didn't answer the question about how long ago you ordered the parts?? If before end of march you would have got them.

national clearance centre are Foray motor group thats why.
i bought my parts last week. so this might be correct, which is why i am going to check tomorrow and will let you know. i do work for Ford so we will see.
night for now

#13 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

View Postkel, on 06 April 2010 - 09:01 PM, said:

yes, i said this much further up the thread!

#14 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

View Postkel, on 06 April 2010 - 08:51 PM, said:

im going to find out tomorrow, i am sick of this rubbish and if it carries on i am not coming on here anymore, people seem to enjoy winding each other up lol.

lol... Forums are fun... :roflmao:
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#15 User is offline   BurfyBoy 

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

View PostBig Boy Al, on 06 April 2010 - 08:56 PM, said:

I didnt know I had an agent :)

Just to set the record straight I checked Daventry for a few parts I knew were in abundance a few weeks ago and they all came back as '0 stock' and 'no longer serviced'.

#16 User is offline   kel 

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

View Postkel, on 06 April 2010 - 09:01 PM, said:

i bought my parts last week. so this might be correct, which is why i am going to check tomorrow and will let you know. i do work for Ford so we will see.
night for now

i would like to apologise, this imformation is correct as "burfy boy" says there is no stock showing anymore so beleive it or not guys once its gone it is all gone!!
This means more will broke for bits and they start dissapearing off the roads.

this also means they are now classics at ten year old! lol.

#17 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

apology accepted ;).

it is a shame though, mainly for the people that arent on the forums and go into their local ford to get work done and then find out they cant even get brake discs or pads etc for their own cars.

i can see alot being scrapped and wrote off in the next year or two as insurance companies can now not repair them surely as they cant buy the parts from ford and wont use second hand spares off ebay etc.

sad but i think thats what will happen.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   kel 

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

View PostBig Boy Al, on 07 April 2010 - 06:51 PM, said:

apology accepted

it is a shame though, mainly for the people that arent on the forums and go into their local ford to get work done and then find out they cant even get brake discs or pads etc for their own cars.

i can see alot being scrapped and wrote off in the next year or two as insurance companies can now not repair them surely as they cant buy the parts from ford and wont use second hand spares off ebay etc.

sad but i think thats what will happen.

i agree, and thanks i did feel a little silly when i found out lol
it is sad but i think you got it on the dot, more will dissapear now and will only leave those who have either mint ones already or have the money to pay for the replacement parts.

#19 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

yeah as chris said on the other forum though when that does happen in a way its horrible as its seeing frp's dissapear but good in a way as there will be spares floating about.

im sure everything is possible it just pays to be a member of the clubs and forums :).
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Cat Woman 

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

I have found the best way with Ebay is to know what price the parts are new from Alan then only bid upto that, otherwise whats the point, just use Alan for all the support and parts. Not good though after 10 yrs being left by Ford

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic