Pumapeople: New Purchess - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Purchess Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mongoose 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

Hi all Recently purchessed a 2002 puma in red for £500. Took a massive chance as it came with only 1 months mot and no service history.I was amazed to find that it only failed on the rear brake pipes as they were badly corroded. A mere £55 later I had a years mot and a big smile on my face.I managed to have a quick peek underneath the car when it was up on the ramps and it doesn't look to bad at all. I have a small oil leek from a suspected rocker over gasket and maybe the oil pressure switch so not a big deal to sort out. First job to do is to change the Kenwood stereo back to the OE puma 6000 one then get the cam belt changed. The arches are quite good as well with only some small rust bubble starting to appear on the n/s only. The o/s look like new! I've got a few questions I would like to ask but before I bore everyone with the same old questions that has probably been as a million times I'm gonna hunt through this forum to see if I can find some answers.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

Great price, welcome to Puma ownership, the Wiki is a good place for finding useful information.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

Hi and welcome.
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

#4 User is offline   Trixie 

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your Puma as much as we all do! Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic