Pumapeople: Interesting Frp For Sale On Autotrader. - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interesting Frp For Sale On Autotrader. FRP #0002

#21 User is offline   taliabee 

• Group: Members

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

have so bonded with missfliss now but, tbh, if i'd known about frps before i got her, i would've had one. (no, talia, you cannot have another one - especially with stella still in the garage huh.gif )
t xx
"...exploring fascinating avenues of improper behaviour..."

"odd but cool" danellis may 09

#22 User is offline   pumarv6 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Neil @ Aug 7 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could potentially be a money pit this one. Then again, mine is only 12 build numbers up from this! ohmy.gif

EDIT: Oops, make that 11 build numbers!

11 manifold numbers... but only 4 build numbers... wink.gif

#23 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

eeek!
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#24 User is offline   mitch9987 

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

I am in no hurry to get one Ed but if the right one comes along at the right price and I can persuade Paul to buy me it then I will get one lol. I told Paul about this one on Thurs night and he called them Friday morning without me knowing ( awww bless wub.gif )

2008/2009 - Silver 1.4...2009 - Thunder

#25 User is offline   pumarv6 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

Let me know what your criteria are and I'll let you know if anything crosses my path smile.gif

Be sure to ask me about any you find - I wouldn't want you to buy a dud.

#26 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

that's cool Neil biggrin.gif that makes your's built in the first batch done cool.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#27 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Aug 7 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
flash back, been looking at BBQ photos

I haven't seen these ph34r.gif

#28 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

PM me an email and I will send them all over smile.gif

lol, I have several of Kioso but none of mine, doh!
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#29 User is offline   daz x 

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (R5CPD @ Aug 7 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to admit I am very tempted, but I'm fundamentaly happy with the Thunder and still have plans for more bits and bobs on it. biggrin.gif

I really need to win the lottery, so I can buy this one, a FMC manifolded one, a Boreham built S1600 in Rapid-Fit colours, a Milly, a German Futura SE, a German Brombeer 1.7, and an orginal Puma Cup car too please biggrin.gif

I thought you went and viewed fmc 02 when Dan was selling and decided against buying it.

#30 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (daz x @ Aug 10 2008, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought you went and viewed fmc 02 when Dan was selling and decided against buying it.

Penny's is not FMC manifolded, it's just manifold #002.

#31 User is offline   daz x 

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (BOK @ Aug 10 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Penny's is not FMC manifolded, it's just manifold #002.

I know that because i own fmc 02,but Chris has a fmc manifolded car on his wish list so was wandering why he didn't buy it when he had the opportunity to do so.

#32 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (daz x @ Aug 10 2008, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that because i own fmc 02,but Chris has a fmc manifolded car on his wish list so was wandering why he didn't buy it when he had the opportunity to do so.

Perhaps he hadn't won the lottery at that point tongue.gif

#33 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (daz x @ Aug 10 2008, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps re-reading my post from last November might help you understand the reason's why. biggrin.gif Please don't worry Daz, I'll cope still with my Thunder and £9k in the bank thank you. biggrin.gif As Colin says, when the lottery win happens, I'll start up my Ford Puma museum. Perhaps if your lucky Daz, I'll even invite you along to the opening. I'll make sure there is a buffet, with plently of cake and drinks for all!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nov 22 2007, 09:27 PM

I went up to meet with Dan last weekend to view this FRP. I came away very impressed and have spent the last few days bashing away at a calculator, speaking to the bank, and looking at the values of used Puma Thunders!! I've had to really think about what I do with my Puma and if FMC02 is the best car for that purpose.

This car has such a special history and it deserves to be cared for and cherished, which is sadly not really something my past Puma's have always had. As those who have seem my Pumas, I care greatly for my cars, but I do drive them to their limits. Ultimately, I don't thank anyone will thank me if I stuffed a unique piece of FRP history into the armco at Flugplatz or the like.

Therefore I made the difficult decision not to buy this FRP. I know I'm going to regret this decision in time, but I know I could not enjoy this car in the same way as I enjoy my Thunder. My previous experiences with FRP #80 have also contributed to my decision making process. I just wish I could afford to keep the Thunder and have FMC02, but sadly it just would not be viable. Very sad that this could not happen for me, but I need to be realistic.

That said, as this has been a 'missing' FRP Press Car for so long, it really deserves to belong to another PP / RPOC member who will appreciate the car for its history and sound condition. So, I'm going to do my best to make sure this FRP finds such a caring home.

Lets talk about FMC02's history first. I have spoken in length to Ed about this car and we are certain that it went to San Francisco with number plate V2FRP and was featured in Autocar and Car magazines amongst others. FMC02 is currently wearing the number plate V***JPU. I have carried out an Experian check on the vehicle and it shows that there has been no number plate changes during the cars life (and there are no other outstanding concerns too from this report). Therefore, Ed and I are of the belief that an error was made by Ford's press office who managed to confuse the FMC02 and FMC22 when the cars were registered, hence the V2FRP plate appearing on FMC02 in San Francisco, and then the plate now residing on FMC22. We believe this to be an honest error and nothing more sinister than that. I know there has been rumour about the issue regarding the V2FRP plate appearing on FMC22, but I honestly believe this was due to a Ford administration cock up rather than any other reason.

After the Ford Press Office had finished with the car, it was passed to the wife of a Ford director, prior to it being sold through a Ford Dealer in St Albans in March 2001 as a Ford Direct vehicle at a mileage of just under 13k miles. This owner had the vehicle regularly serviced at the same dealer until the car was sold again at the start of this year. The most recent invoices (late 2006 / early 07) amount to over £2k of new brakes, etc. Currently it would appear that no expense has been spared in the maintenance of this car.

The previous owners part-exchanged the FRP into an Aston Martin dealership, where Dan purchased it from them. Since then the vehicle has covered only a few hundred miles and had its front panels professionally resprayed. The current mileage is 37k miles.

Overall, FMC02 is in very, very good condition with only a small scratch on the rear bumper, low tread depth on the rear tyres, evidence of a hands free kit on the gear lever surround, slightly loose alcantara on the door trims (same thing happened on my #80), bubbling nsf window lower mounding, being issues of minor concern. I did not drive the car, but I would have no reason there would be any major mechanical concerns. FMC02 comes with it's own car cover and another P7000 with a few mm's left on it. Dan also has a original 2000 copy of Autocar and Car showing the car in their pages.

So there we go, so nearly my next car. It's not the cheapest FRP, but £8995 buys you a low mileage, tidy FRP, with an absolutely unique history. As I said, I really hope this car finds a home with another Pumapeople member as it deserves to be enjoyed my someone that will appreciate the car for what it is.

If anyone is interested, then I'm sure Dan will be happy to hear from you via PM or you can call his mobile 07XXXXXX

This one had all the usual press car features including the tie-down hooks in the boot. I've been fighting an emotional battle with myself for the last few days. When I went up to see it, a part of me was hoping it would be a shed and put me off, but instead I found a tidy, well cared for little car. If I was like Vas, and just polished the car and took it to shows, then great. However, I equally enjoy hooning about the track and doing that in the 3rd oldest FRP is hardly respectful of the car's great history. As I said, it's been a very difficult decision for me.

I was always worried when I drove #80 with any gusto on the road and I fear I would be even worse with FMC02. Given these concerns , and the additional cost required to buy the car, it's just not for me. I know all this maybe sounds a bit weak, but I love to see this car in the hands of someone that will continue to care for it and keep the mileage at it's current modest level.

Posted Image

#34 User is offline   hot wheels 

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

Has anyone bought this car on here.

#35 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:25 AM

Not sure if was someone on here, but the car has now been sold.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   weepuma 

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

Sorry bit off subject here..... but how do u find out what build number ur puma is???? I'd like to know what mine is, just to be nosey.

x

#37 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

Only the Racing Puma and Millenium were numbered as such. The Racing Puma had a 'production' number cast into the inlet manifold and (some) Millenium's had a number on an oval sticker / badge mounted on the heater control panel. biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#38 User is offline   weepuma 

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (R5CPD @ Sep 1 2008, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only the Racing Puma and Millenium were numbered as such. The Racing Puma had a 'production' number cast into the inlet manifold and (some) Millenium's had a number on an oval sticker / badge mounted on the heater control panel. biggrin.gif

aw bummer, mine is just basic puma i think. lol

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic